PDA

View Full Version : Another pesty glass question...or two

roadster
10-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I just read the current glass cleaner / window tint post and it scared me...never knew that caution should be excercised (only have had this car a short time. Is Stoner Invisible Glass OK I hope? IF not a suggestion for a decent cleaner please.

Also, what will take out water spots on a windshield please?

I used to use a non amonia glass cleaner to gently wipe or dust a dashboard and associated plastics but on current cars it tends to turn stuff cloudy or milky for a few monments (if left standing on the plastic) for a few seconds)...reeeaaal scary. I could and will use 303 on the vinyl surfaces but what about the interior hard black plastic trim...any suggestions please???

Thanks,

Nic

Jesstzn
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
I just use the Water/Woolite solution on the plastic followed a couple times a year by 303 .. Stoners os ok on tinted windows.

Wasatch
10-18-2004, 11:23 AM
I use Stoners IG and it`s great, no problems yet.

maecrispy
10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Nic Walker

Also, what will take out water spots on a windshield please?

I use Stoner`s IG and EO 20/20 with no problem on tinted windows. Of course, that may depend on what tint film you use as well but so far, I`ve had good results with both of the above.

As far as water spots, if you`re talking about what I *think* you`re talking about (i.e. light etching in the glass), neither IG or 20/20 will remove that. When I`ve encountered water spots on customer`s cars, I`ve had to use an abrasive polish (like Z-12) to get them out.

togwt
10-18-2004, 12:03 PM
~One mans opinion / observations~

As stated Invisible glass is ‘safe’ on plastic window film.

For water spots try a glass polish (Autoglym Glass Polish) and #0000 synthetic steel wool (the 0’s are important #0 would be as abrasive as a Brillo pad)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Bill D
10-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Tinted windows meaning both the aftermarket adhesed tinted film as well as color dyed ( minivans and SUVs for example) ?

I take it most window cleaners we would use on cars would do just fine on the later: factory tinted windows.