PDA

View Full Version : AIO as a QD

serrow
10-18-2004, 03:46 AM
So I was on Klasse`s site and they mentioned something i have only seen noted once on autopia. It was something to the degree of adding AIO to the car wash, or using it in a spray.

so i did not hear much about it, but i used AIO today for the first time and i noticed that my applicator kept sucking it up. so i put some of the AIO into a bottle, and gave it a little spritz. The AIO then went a little further and was a little more even in the application.

My question is if it might be causing me to get less coverage. Everyone said how far a little will go, but i did notice i was re-applying to the foam applicator quite a bit. This was a big minivan, but ya know.

after using a little spritz, it seemed to go on a lot easier. anyone else use this method? after i SG, im sure i wont use this again since it could take off the SG right"????

TY

Andrew Timmins
10-18-2004, 05:50 AM
"Klasse`s site" ?

What site would this be?

serrow
10-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Oopps... spoke too soon. looked seamlessly into their site.

http://www.customacrylic.com/klasse.html

Quickly Detail

Put an ounce or two in a pint spray container, fill with water, and shake. Spray on, wipe off. For paint, plastic, windows, chrome. Car Wash Put a capful or two in a bucket of water and stir. Use as a car wash. Yes this really works. Try it.

I dunno... about a car wash... maybe it will work well with my QEW? no suds? maybe no residue?

samhian
10-18-2004, 07:38 AM
I think it would work just fine as a QD. The problem is that it would probably slowly remove any sealent or wax that you have on the car.

togwt
10-18-2004, 07:53 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I remember this was called- Schnell-alternate: (Klasse Wash) Wash vehicle, apply "All-in-One" to entire vehicle while it’s still wet using a damp 100% cotton towel, re-wash, rinse, and dry vehicle

But as has been suggested AIO is a chemical solvent cleaner as well as a one-step acrylic polymer sealant, so it will replace the protection already on the vehicle

The only ‘Klasse’ like QD I’ve tried is Sonus as it’s formulated from the same acrylic polymers

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Gonzo
10-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Per the instructions/advice at the CMA web site, use a little EagleOne Wipe & Shine to help you get the AIO on thin. Spritz your pad before you start, then periodically as you are applying, maybe one spritz per body panel. Goes on really thin and ends up being easier to wipe off, especially using Bill North`s WOWO method.