PDA

View Full Version : Extension Cord Question

zesty-man
10-18-2004, 02:22 AM
i was just wondering, is there some kind of "reel" that i could purchase for the extension cord? before every detail, i find that i have to untangle my extension cord, and after every detail, im winding it up again. is there something that can make life eaiser for an extension cord user?

thanks

oaevo8u
10-18-2004, 02:37 AM
Ive seen them at hardware stores, the kind you reel it out and it locks it self into place and when your done give it a little tug and it reels itself back in

Setec Astronomy
10-18-2004, 05:38 AM
oaevo8u is talking about the kind which works like a vacuum cleaner cord (on a canister vacuum). There are also plastic reels, which are more like "bobbins" that you can wind the cord around by hand to keep them neat. You can get them at just about any hardware store, Home Despot, etc., for a couple bucks.

zesty-man
10-19-2004, 12:08 AM
thanks for the help!

Thomas Dekany
10-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

oaevo8u is talking about the kind which works like a vacuum cleaner cord (on a canister vacuum). There are also plastic reels, which are more like "bobbins" that you can wind the cord around by hand to keep them neat. You can get them at just about any hardware store, Home Despot, etc., for a couple bucks.

$.99 at walmart for a 100` (orange)

kbshadow
10-19-2004, 01:25 AM
I just got this at Sears, about 35 feet of cord, great with the buffer, vacuum, ect, pull out as much as you need and when your through it goes back up, hangs from a rafter.

vdog0531
10-19-2004, 01:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/vdog0531/Picture19.jpg

heres what i use. its mobile and doesn`t take up too much space. 3 bucks at wal mart.

Vernon

imported_mirrorfinishman
10-19-2004, 05:30 AM
I`d like to thank everyone for some great ideas. After years of just wrapping up my cords, I`m now going to get a couple of those handy reels. Thanks again.

imported_norahcrv
10-19-2004, 06:11 AM
I don`t like the feel of "dirty" extension cords, so I wiped mine with PB`s Natural Look. Now I don`t mind having to wind them up by hand on the "bobbin" style caddy.

I also have one of those "auto reels" which hangs in the garage for regular use. It`s a great time saver!

imported_SouthernZ71
10-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Not too Autopian at all. I always use a terry rag with cleaner...haven`t used NL on them, yet!

Originally posted by norahcrv

I don`t like the feel of "dirty" extension cords, so I wiped mine with PB`s Natural Look. Now I don`t mind having to wind them up by hand on the "bobbin" style caddy.

I also have one of those "auto reels" which hangs in the garage for regular use. It`s a great time saver!