PDA

View Full Version : first time w/ PC

jps_CU
10-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Used my new PC 7336 and lake country pads today with SSR2 (orange pad) and SSR1(white pad) and finished with Gold Class wax (grey pad). Swirl marks were reduced by 75% I would say (may need to use SSR2.5), but I have some other marks now. Not sure what to call them....micromarring?? They look like they came from the PC. Do you think I used the right pads with the products listed? I put 5 or 6 dime sized "dallops" on the pad for each 2X2 area....to much, not enough? What sort of time frame for each section...1 minute, 2? Any suggestions..........

.....paint is a dark blue on a F-150

Robb
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM
that sounds like a lot of product for that area, im not sure how long to tell you to work it in as most products are different but i would assume youd want to work it for at least 5 mins for the product to fully break down/dust.

NVcobra
10-17-2004, 09:28 PM
I use the X figure on the pad that way i use the same amount each time. Just put a X on the pad edge to edge and that should be perfect. I apply it anywhere from 4-6 minutes to ussually.

jps_CU
10-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys. Do you think maybe using the SSR2 on an orange pad then a white pad, then going to SSR1 on a white pad would help with the marks? (holograms??)