PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered some Vanilla Moose and Nattys as a topper....any suggestions or tips?

Nicky Pass
10-16-2004, 04:14 PM
I`ve always used Zaino.....and I have enought Z2 and Z5 for one more car, so I need to re-supply my detail cabinet. I decided to go with the VM and Nattys as a topper. Now I`ve never used either until now.....is there anything I need to know.....any tips. I know the VM is a glaze, so should it go on by hand, or should I use my PC with a white pad.

After all of the searching around, hopefully this combo will be the best on my white Cobra. I`m so used to Zaino, but this board raves about poorboys, Klasse, Clearkote, so I`m gonna venture out of the box

....here is a pic of the ride

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/220000-220999/220945_253_full.jpg

Eliot Ness
10-16-2004, 04:21 PM
I use the PC and a polish pad for VM. I prefer to do the whole car and then go back and buff it off with a MF. It`s very easy to apply and remove, I think you`ll like it. I`ve used EX-P over VM with very good results, but you`ll have to be the judge of how VM and Natty`s compare to Z.

Nicky Pass
10-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Scott said that the Natty`s would be better for a white car. I was thinking of going with EX-P as a topper, but if Natty`s would be better on white....then so be it.

Eliot Ness
10-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Nicky Pass

Scott said that the Natty`s would be better for a white car. I was thinking of going with EX-P as a topper, but if Natty`s would be better on white....then so be it.

In that thread the only products you mentioned using were "Zaino or possibly PS21S or Nattys".

EX-P is a sealer that you could top with a wax such as Natty`s.

You can try the VM and Natty`s, and then later you can try EX-P and a topper such as Natty`s if you like. There`s a whole world of waxes/sealants just waiting for you to try them!

Nicky Pass
10-16-2004, 05:25 PM
I know....there are sooooooo many, it took me about a month to decide! I think the VM on top of my 10+ coats of Zaino topped with Nattys will be as good as my Cobra can look!

Scottwax
10-16-2004, 09:31 PM
I apply VM using a polishing pad and the PC cranked up to 6. 3-5 moderate speed passes are all that is usually needed for each section. You can apply to the whole car and remove or a section at a time.

Natty`s works best for me applying like S100 or Souveran. Foam hand pad appliction a section at a time and remove.

Assuming your car is properly prepped, Natty`s will look very wet on white.

hirosh
10-16-2004, 09:40 PM
i`ll also suggest doing two coats of Natty`s. not only will it look good, it`ll give you some nice beading action. you can see a picture of this in this post:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44595

Nicky Pass
10-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Does Nattys dry right away, or does it haze like other caranuba waxes? I`m gonna start my whole process over....

Wash

Clay Bar

Megs #9

Vanilla Moose

Natty`s x 2

Does this sound good to you guys???

THANKS!

stevet
10-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Nicky Pass

I know....there are sooooooo many, it took me about a month to decide! I think the VM on top of my 10+ coats of Zaino topped with Nattys will be as good as my Cobra can look!

Vanilla Moose has abrasives in it. Guess how many coats of Zaino will be left when you have finished applying VM? You won`t have any left. If you want to top your Zaino just go with the Nattys.

Nicky Pass
10-17-2004, 01:17 AM
VM will strip off the Zaino......I don`t think it would......would it?!!!!

hirosh
10-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Natty hazes like other caranuba waxes. the process you listed sounds good.

and yeah, VM will probably remove the Zaino.

Nicky Pass
10-17-2004, 01:49 AM
I thought VM was just a glaze! Oh well, I`m looking forward to trying this combo out.....hopefully it will look wet!