PDA

View Full Version : Part-time mobile detailer...

Clean Dean
04-20-2003, 10:11 AM
From NJ... Would love to detail cars 40 hours a week, however for now it`s a part-time business. Here is my wifes 2000 ML after a recent wash...

CharlesW
04-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Welcome to DC.
Do you plan to wax the ML anytime soon?:D

Clean Dean
04-20-2003, 06:00 PM
She was clayed then buffed with a rotary using a swirl remover (2 weeks ago) followed by a coat of polymer sealant and topped off with Blitz wax... She is well protected against the element for at least another 4 weeks. In the state of NJ you cannot be to careful in maintaining your paint protection. The rainwater (acid rain) in my area leaves harsh watermarks on your car immediately after each shower. Quick Detailer is a MUST !!!!

CharlesW
04-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Looks great!

NattyBumppo
04-21-2003, 06:28 AM
Howdy CleanDean. Another Jerseyan here (lower sussex county) and also a part time detailer. Like you, would love it as a full time gig but hard to imagine leaving my full time job of 10 years at a fortune 100 company.

Where abouts in NJ are you.

BTW...nice Benz!

Natty

Clean Dean
04-22-2003, 02:06 AM
I currently live in Howell, NJ Monmouth County. Orginally from West Milford n(Passaic County). I am also in the same trap... I work in the NYC financial district and been with the same company 8 years. I enjoy my current profession, however I would love to be able detail/sell autos for a living.

Never say never, may take a risk and go out on my own in the near future.

Beemerboy
04-22-2003, 09:01 AM
I WAS in the printed circuit board industry for 10 years. I was laid off about 6 months ago. At the time I was a weekend detailer, by little choice I went full time. THe start up period was a bit touch and go, but in the long run I have never felt better about what I do for a living now. I get up evey day and look foward to what I have to clean.

To you both if its somethig that you have a passion, for go for it!!!!!!!!!! You will never work another day in your life!

ashsarna
04-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Welcome,

It is always more satisfying if you can work on a profession you really enjoy.