PDA

View Full Version : Megs #5 new car glaze

HotRodGuy
10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Anyone using this? I have a bottle and was wondering where in the steps would be the best time to use it? I figure it`s not an LSP.

My plan is to re-do my dads corvette and woodie next week and was gonna do #83, #80, then was thinking of doing #5, and following up w/ NXT.

I did a search and couldn`t find many people using #5

Accumulator
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
I`m probably one of the few #5 users you *did* find. I use it as a LSP on fresh paint. If you like using one of Meg`s "pure polishes" (such as #3/#5/#7/#81) between your (abrasive) polishing and your LSP, then the #5 might be worth a try. It`s themost user-friendly of the Meg`s "pure polishes" and unlike, say, #7, the #5 really does dry. It`s not as oily as stuff like #7, which can be both good and bad. FWIW #5 is the only Meg`s "pure polish" I use these days, though I used to use a fair amount of #7 on some ss cars back in the day.

HotRodGuy
10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
thanks bro! how does it hold up as an LSP?

EBPcivicsi
10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
I use #5 quite a bit, especially in the summer here. I am in Memphis and as I am sure you know the humidity here can really make products "act up." The #5 wipes off really easily without streaks even in the dead heat of the summer.

I have been using #5 for years and find that thin layers and cleaning the pad(or switching to a new pad) about halfway through the detail really helps out. I apply to the entire car VERY thinnly, then remove with MF.

Accumulator
10-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by HotRodGuy

how does [#5] hold up as an LSP?

Heh heh, it doesn`t :D It`s more in the #7/3M IHG class of products...one wash or a really hard rain and it`ll need redone.

ebpcivicsi - Heh heh, lots of #5 in Memphis these days :D The in-law I gave the Volvo to lives there and is using it on the freshly painted bits (assuming she`s following my advice). Yah, it`s a great product for hot, humid conditions.

HotRodGuy
10-17-2004, 10:38 AM
thanks guys!