PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

oaevo8u
10-15-2004, 12:07 AM
out of all the soaps for cleaning microfiber...sonus der wunder wach...pinnacle(whatever its called) and any other. Who has tried more than on and if so which is your favorite. Im using der wunder wach right now, works good I guess, never tried anything else

Thomas Dekany
10-15-2004, 12:38 AM
the best mix I have found (that I am using right now) is 1 capful of Sonus` and a cup of Xtra (cheapest at wal mart) to get the MFs clean. Yesterday I really dirtied up a few towels cleaning the doors on the 93 Jeep and used 2 caps of Sonus with the Xtra - normal cycle, warm/warm

All of the dirt is gone & I thought that I`d have to "retire" those 3 towels to use on wheels etc...

oaevo8u
10-15-2004, 12:45 AM
when you say cup of xtra are you feffering to the cap thats on the extra or litterally a cup

Thomas Dekany
10-15-2004, 12:51 AM
the measuring cup that comes with it.

oaevo8u
10-15-2004, 12:52 AM
xtra huh, how soft and supple are they after this process, good as new or what

Thomas Dekany
10-15-2004, 01:08 AM
they are good as new until you use them. However I just checked the ones that I washed last night against an unused one and it is pretty close. They are soft and supple but with my eyes closed I could detect a slight difference. Next I`ll use Woolite instead of Xtra and report back to you. Sometimes I use woolite to wash them and woolite does an excellent job getting rid of dirt spots.

Thomas Dekany
10-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Xtra may not be TIDE quality (who knows?) but I am not paying that much for laundry liquid.

oaevo8u
10-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah I here you on that, good soap for clothes and good soap for mf it starts to get pricey.

DB350Z
10-15-2004, 11:04 AM
I received my Sonus Dur Wunder Wash last night. I used it on all my towels and my micro fiber sponge. The washer was on warm/cold and I put the dryer on air dry for about 50 minutes. They came out really clean and soft. The threads on the edges of the towels are coming apart, must of been from the washer. It also put a small hole in my sponge. Oh well, I guess they were poor quality to begin with.

captkirk2
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
My Mf`s are clean looking but dont absorb water like they used to. I bought the Pinnacle MF shampoo and also MF Restore. I soaked them initially with the pinnacle then added some restore to them in the washer, the results were pretty good. They looked better and started to absorb better, although not as good as new. Hopefully it will improve with time.

Eliot Ness
10-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ShineMGood

My Mf`s are clean looking but dont absorb water like they used to. I bought the Pinnacle MF shampoo and also MF Restore. I soaked them initially with the pinnacle then added some restore to them in the washer, the results were pretty good. They looked better and started to absorb better, although not as good as new. Hopefully it will improve with time.

Sometimes there is a build up of detergent that several rinses will often clear up. After that using a MF detergent like one of the two you have will keep them in better condition.

Bobby G
10-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DB350Z

The threads on the edges of the towels are coming apart, must of been from the washer. It also put a small hole in my sponge. Oh well, I guess they were poor quality to begin with.

Get yourself a couple of mesh/net laundry bags to put your towels, applicators and sponges in. It helps a lot, as the agitator will not be able to touch the items directly.

db

oaevo8u
10-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey DavidB can you get these at walmart, also since were talking about cleaning, what about the sonus pc pads what is the best way to keep this clean and brand new.

JasonC8301
10-16-2004, 02:21 PM
I use either Woolite original or Liquid Tide regular for washing my MF`s. Haven`t touched them in a while but that was my routine, along with the simple washer/dryer combo by Kenmore I believe.

In my opinion after thinking though, the washer/dryer also plays a role in this washing MF deal. I am looking foward to being back home this Spring and detailing whatever car I buy and then getting a nice set of washer/dryers, looking at the Maytag Neptunes....or something along those lines.

sgo
10-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

I use either Woolite original or Liquid Tide regular for washing my MF`s. Haven`t touched them in a while but that was my routine, along with the simple washer/dryer combo by Kenmore I believe.

In my opinion after thinking though, the washer/dryer also plays a role in this washing MF deal. I am looking foward to being back home this Spring and detailing whatever car I buy and then getting a nice set of washer/dryers, looking at the Maytag Neptunes....or something along those lines.

We bought the Kenmore Elite High Efficiency front loader from Sears. It works supurbly on MF towels because there`s no agitator to tear them up. That`s not why we bought it, but an unanticipated benefit.:cool: