PDA

View Full Version : Sealant/wax with the least amount of dust attraction?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MattZ28
10-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Just wondering, from your experiences, what is the sealant or wax that attracts the least amount of dust that you have used?

maecrispy
10-14-2004, 10:47 PM
From my limited experience with LSP`s:

Least dust attraction:

Z2

EX-P

Most dust attraction:

VM (when used as a cleaner LSP)

Wolfgang

Souveran

hirosh
10-14-2004, 10:59 PM
i wouldn`t say EX w/ caranuba attracted the least amount of dust, but it was one that didn`t allow the dust to say on the car. i base this on my experience at my work place where if i don`t use my car cover, a layer of dust is on my car at the end of the day. after driving home it appears that the layer of dust is gone. this is based on my observation of my hood seen from the driver`s seat. when i used NXT, the dust layer was still there.

BookemDano
10-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Limited experience here, but Zaino Z5 attracts much less dust (or blows off after driving) than Menzerna FMJ. Water falls off Z5 faster too. YMMV.

Rob Tomlin
10-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by maecrispy

Least dust attraction:

Z2

EX-P

Most dust attraction:

Wolfgang

Souveran

Does Souveran really attract a lot of dust?

I am considering trying it, but at this price I don`t think I will chance it if it is a dust magnet (I`ve been spoiled with Z2 in this regard).

MattZ28
10-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Rob Tomlin

Does Souveran really attract a lot of dust?

I am considering trying it, but at this price I don`t think I will chance it if it is a dust magnet (I`ve been spoiled with Z2 in this regard).

Yes. I washed my car with Spray & Wipe yesterday, and within an hour, the whole car was covered in dust. I cleaned it again, used Natty`s (all yesterday), and it`s still very clean, even after driving.

General Lee
10-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by maecrispy

Least dust attraction:

Z2

EX-P

Most dust attraction:

Wolfgang

Souveran

Thats weird because I get alot of dust with Z 2, Z 5

Lowejackson
10-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Zaino and Autoglym `twins`

Rob Tomlin
10-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by General Lee

Thats weird because I get alot of dust with Z 2, Z 5

Compared with what?

Z2 attracts less dust than anything I`ve used.

Rob Tomlin
10-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

Yes. I washed my car with Spray & Wipe yesterday, and within an hour, the whole car was covered in dust. I cleaned it again, used Natty`s (all yesterday), and it`s still very clean, even after driving.

Thanks Matt.

Looks like I will pass on Souveran then. I don`t understand paying that kind of price for something that will attract dust that quickly. This outweighs the potential benefit it may have with regard to overall look (if it`s covered in dust, it`s not going to look good anyway).

boywonder
10-18-2004, 08:54 AM
I used Souveran quite extensively back in the day and didn`t have a dust attraction problem. Nor do I have that with Klasse.

Dtail
10-18-2004, 10:02 AM
I am using souveran and i don`t think it attracts dust more than other waxes or sealants. It`s weird that some people say that z2 attracts the least dust because on my black car, it attracts dust like a magnet.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-18-2004, 10:56 AM
It may all be relevant to weather conditions, although Ive used KSG minimally, if I recall, there was little dust adhesion. Next to that would be WG, EX, NXT, UPP, last but not least BF. Not a big Carnauba fan other than S100.

Ya know another one I failed to mention, and felt worthy to come back to edit/mention is Stuf Carnauba....It`s a liquid, and I think the liquids yield less dust attraction than pastes....

MattZ28
10-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I agree with the Zaino comments. I have it on all of my windows, and they attract dust like a mofo!!!

maecrispy
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by SLiM003

I am using souveran and i don`t think it attracts dust more than other waxes or sealants. It`s weird that some people say that z2 attracts the least dust because on my black car, it attracts dust like a magnet.

Dust attraction in my book is a funny topic. My basis for my dust attraction list is side by side comparisons (i.e. half the hood EX-P, half the hood #16, etc...) The only reason dust attraction is even on my radar is that on those occasions when I`ve had the opportunity do half/half hood tests, the results are then obvious. For instance, when I did a half Souveran, half EX-P test, the Souveran half had a noticeably greater amount of dust on it than the EX-P half after one day sitting outside. However, both* sides were still dusty... both sides, if I were sufficiently anal retentive, would have induced me to CCD (thank goodness I`m over that now... )

What I should have noted is that *none* of the products really `repel` dust to my satisfaction. That is, no matter what I use, I always notice a layer of dust. Therefore, dust attraction isn`t that big of a factor for me in sealant/wax choice.

It`s really hard to guage dust attraction when you only have one product on and you go days or weeks before comparing it to the other product. When I did that, they *all* looked dusty to me. It was only the side by side that showed me the differences.