PDA

View Full Version : how to clean rags, micro, ect...

lnl512
10-14-2004, 08:32 PM
ok well i just wanted to know how to properly clean my car wash rags, towels, chamois, foam/cotton pads, micro fibers.

Eliot Ness
10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by haze5l2

ok well i just wanted to know how to properly clean my car wash rags, towels, chamois, foam/cotton pads, micro fibers.

1. MF`s: wash separately using Micro-Restore or one of the other brands of detergent made for MF’s. Use two rinse cycles, no bleach or fabric softner. **

http://www.autogeek.net/mr16.html

2. Rags/towels: wash with a good liquid detergent, my bottle of Micro-Restore says it’s good for towels and chamois too.**

**If rags/MF`s are very dirty or caked with product you can soak them in a bucket first (do the MF`s separately) then rinse before loading them in the washer.

3. Foam/cotton pads: soak in a bucket of dawn, when clean rinse well and let dry

4. Chamois: what’s a chamois? Is that the hard piece of leather old timers used to dry a car with? (just kidding). It’s been so long since I used a chamois I couldn’t begin to tell you. First the absorber, then MF’s, and now WW MF’s have been my drying tools for years.

imported_mirrorfinishman
10-16-2004, 08:59 AM
When washing cloths that you`ve used for polishing and waxing, it`s a good idea to add some white vinegar during the wash process. The white vinegar will help cut thru and release the polish and wax from the cloths.