PDA

View Full Version : your favorite sealant & why

Pages : [1] 2 3

6']['9
10-14-2004, 07:56 PM
id like to know what you use as your go to sealant(,i.e. FMJ, EX, EXP, BF, UPP,SG...) I dont want to start a flame war on what s better than what. im planning on purchasing new sealants but dont know which ones to get cause i hear some have oils but id like to get an answer on that too. Any info is appreciated.

i like EXP cause its gives off a good reflective look when used w/ VM.

I also like EX which ads depth to darker colored vehicles.

Thanks

pocon1
10-14-2004, 08:03 PM
For me, as a novice, I went with what got a lot of good reviews, which was klasse. Also, my two cars are white and silver, and Klasse is supposed to do well on those colors. I have had no problems applying them, and I don`t use the bill north woo method. I have been fine with applying, letting it dry, and wiping it off.

Eliot Ness
10-14-2004, 08:19 PM
I also like EX-P (x 2) over VM, I think it gives a nice wet and reflective look. I also find both products are very easy to apply/remove.

lnl512
10-14-2004, 08:26 PM
to me ive only used over the counter waxes/sealants. so far i only favor 3. NXT, MOTHERS CLEANER WAX, AND MEGS #26...

oh well im just a newbie to the forum. but feel like i do the best detail around (my neighborhood)

Intercooled
10-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I have used both SG and Zaino. I like them both. I feel Zaino is a bit more reflective and SG a bit softer. SG and Zaino both apply really easy, and remove easy. I just get tired of mixing the Z products with ZFX and then having to clean out the little bottle. I like to often apply another coat and SG is easier and faster to deal with. As far as duribility goes, I couldn`t really give a good answer, Zaino is on my Black garage queen and SG is on my Silver Mini Van. The Mini Van is outdoors 24/7 and the SG hs lasted now about 6 weeks and still beeding well.

Wasatch
10-14-2004, 09:20 PM
The only sealant I`ve use so far is EX x2, but now I do have some samples of EX-P, UPP. I like the look of EX on white, call me crazy.

BillNorth
10-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Z2 on lighter colours, Z5 on darker colours, and SG on all light colours and some dark colours (I like it on blue, but not on green for some reason).

Bill D
10-14-2004, 09:33 PM
SG , I have it on white and black :D

Rob Tomlin
10-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Zaino.

:up

hirosh
10-14-2004, 09:55 PM
EX w/caranuba at this moment b/c it`s like EX-P + CMW in one package, although i wouldn`t mind trying something new. :)

BookemDano
10-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Zaino and Menzerna FMJ. Zaino looks great on my Audi A4 and FMJ has a nice wet look on my wife`s red Subie Forester. The Zaino wins hands down with durability do. After about two weeks, the FMJ is starting to fade.

Regards,

Dan.

Scottwax
10-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Lately, when using sealants, I`ve been using more EX and EX-P than anything else. I still use NXT and Wolfgang and occasionally Klasse SG and 4* UPP. The Poorboy`s sealants are just so easy to use and I like the look.

BTW, does #16 count as a sealant?

redfish
10-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Intercooled

I just get tired of mixing the Z products with ZFX and then having to clean out the little bottle.

Then don`t use the ZFX ;-) It seems to help the drying time here in Georgia... w/ the humidity. I`ve been using Zaino for a long time, and I loved it when Sal introduced ZFX. Some people liked it, some were stuck on the Z1. I didn`t like cleaning out the bottles at first, but I guess that`s because it was something new and I didn`t know how.

I know how much to mix/use now and only have a small amount left in the bottle when I`m finished. I rinse my applicator in my sink with water and Cheer. Putting a little of the water/soap mixture in the bottle and swishing it around cleans my bottles just fine and quickly; I think cleaning the applicators is much harder than the bottles.

Sorry for going OT.

mtodde
10-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Right know EX & EX-P. Both are easy to apply and look great plus you can use them in direct sunlight. Plus Steve is a great guy and Poorboy`s has great customer service/personal attention to detail.

Rob Tomlin
10-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

BTW, does #16 count as a sealant?

Yes, but strangely always seems to be missing from these types of threads.

Why is that??

:nixweiss