PDA

View Full Version : My microfiber has gone...stale

Pages : [1] 2 3

Corey Bit Spank
10-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Well, I washed them, double rinse, and a cup o white vinegar in the last rinse but they`re just not the same.

They look to be in new condition, but they are not. It`s like they`re dried out, my waffle weave especially :(

They`re all pakshaks, save for two viper`s and a few wallymarts.

What is a mother to do? :sosad

stilez
10-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Ha!

About to post a thread on this. I tried the Vinegar route and it definatley worked out better. HOWEVER...

Use normal amount of laundry detergent, then add 2 ounces of Dawn and 3-4 oz of Meguiar`s APC+ straight in, then add the MF`s (warm/warm wash). Honestly, I compared these towels to ones I did the usual laundry detergent and distilled vinegar in the downy ball deal and these are far softer and flexible.

All in all, I will be doing this from now on :)

Eliot Ness
10-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

Well, I washed them, double rinse, and a cup o white vinegar in the last rinse but they`re just not the same......

There was another thread on this somewhere and the remedy turned out to be about 14 rinse cycles to get all the old soap out of the MF`s.

You may also want to try something like Micro-Restore or a similar product for MF`s. It works well for me.

Edit: Here is the thread where that (rinsing) was discussed:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/44414-you-washing-your-mf-towels-well-enough.html

SilverLexus
10-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Two words:

Pinnacle MicroRejuvenator.

Works great-far better than laundry detergent. :)

Woob
10-13-2004, 06:51 PM
lol Laundry Detergent? Better keep that stuff away from my Mom. I suggest MicroRestore. Pretty useful wash. I think after details i will just soak my used MF in PrepWash then throw em in for easy cleaning with MicroRestore

Corey Bit Spank
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooh....well i will have to try this...when i`m not broke :(

oaevo8u
10-13-2004, 09:21 PM
I use sonus wunder wash and it works pretty well. I just let them soak for a while and then start the washer on 2 rinse cycles

SilverLexus
10-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Wunder Wasche is also excellent. I have also raved about that product. Sorry I forgot to mention that brand as well.

Jesstzn
10-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Some of my towels have been washed 15 or 20 times and I have no problems at all with Costco wax removal towels or drying with the JT International or the PakShak WW. All I use is liquid detergent that is dye and scent free ... no vinegar etc and I hang to dry ..

Intercooled
10-13-2004, 09:34 PM
I have used the Wunder Wash as well and seems to work just fine!!

Corey Bit Spank
10-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Some of my towels have been washed 15 or 20 times and I have no problems at all with Costco wax removal towels or drying with the JT International or the PakShak WW. All I use is liquid detergent that is dye and scent free ... no vinegar etc and I hang to dry ..

Mine have been washed....a lot. ;)

I don`t blame the towels.

Accumulator
10-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Yeah, the "MF specialty detergents" really can work miracles. I`m the guy who advocates doing a zillion washes *without detergent* and rinses first- it can take a lot more than one might expect to get all the residual stuff out.

And consider having the washing machine serviced. Ever look at the innards of one? Often a *lot* of really gross build-up of dirt/detergent/softener.

Corey Bit Spank
10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Yeah, the "MF specialty detergents" really can work miracles. I`m the guy who advocates doing a zillion washes *without detergent* and rinses first- it can take a lot more than one might expect to get all the residual stuff out.

And consider having the washing machine serviced. Ever look at the innards of one? Often a *lot* of really gross build-up of dirt/detergent/softener.

It`s not very old :(

Although it is a POS. Never buy a KitchenAide washer. Infact, I`d be scared to buy kitchenaid anything now. :mad:

Accumulator
10-14-2004, 10:51 AM

It`s not very old :(

Sometimes age doesn`t have all that much to do with it.. well, it`ll make things worse but sometimes a nearly new one will have a lot of build-up too. Our top-of-the-line Sears one needed work when it was almost new ( :rolleyes: ) and its insides weren`t nearly as clean as I would`ve expected.

Heh heh, but then the old one (garage duty these days) was *really* something when they first opened *it* up, truly :shocked

Eliot Ness
10-14-2004, 10:53 AM

oooooooooooooooooooooh....well i will have to try this...when i`m not broke :(

Won`t cost much (unless you pay the water bill ;) ) to do a bunch of rinses.

Follow Accumulator`s advice and run several wash cycles w/o detergent. If that restores them just buy some MF wash at a later date to keep up on them. Much cheaper than buying more towels from Pakshak.