PDA

View Full Version : UPP or SG for silver?

nonwelder
10-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Curious as to what you all prefer. SG looks great ony my silver GTO, but wondering if it is worth the money to grab some UPP. My mind is telling me no, but curious as to what the concensus is!

Thanks,

Brett

tom p.
10-13-2004, 11:35 AM
If you`re acquiring new products, why not sample Pinnacle`s terrific Paste Glaz !!...it`s designed for silver and white and you`ll never find a slicker finish.

AudiOn19s
10-13-2004, 11:35 AM
my initial impressions of UPP after using it on two black vehicles is that it`s a more muted look than SG. granted I only put 1 layer on both of the cars sooo maybe layered it will have a different effect but if you`re looking for the paint to POP then I`d say keep the SG.

Then again...maybe Accumulator will chime in...I believe that he stated the look of UPP on silver is very unique and appealing.

imported_DetailGirl
10-13-2004, 11:42 AM
My car is gray metallic and NOTHING has made it pop more than UPP. SG is good but no comparison to UPP for silver.

nonwelder
10-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Hmm..interesting so far. Thanks, and I look forward to more opinions!

Brett

AudiOn19s
10-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Have to disagree with tom on the slickness deal...UPP is by far the slickest feeling product that I have ever used

imported_DetailGirl
10-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AudiOn19s

Have to disagree with tom on the slickness deal...UPP is by far the slickest feeling product that I have ever used :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
10-13-2004, 12:59 PM
On Audi silver, I was *not* favorably impressed with how KSG looked at all, but I just *love* how UPP looks.

KSG looks better on some silvers than on others (looks better on my Mazda, for instance), but not, IMO in the same league as UPP.

SamIam
10-13-2004, 01:58 PM
I did a silver metal flake Lexus Coupe with UPP and it was stunning. Couldn`t look at it as the sun was too brilliant popping of the hood!

Pats300zx
10-13-2004, 02:32 PM
I would have to say UPP. After using both UPP and SG on metallic silver I have to say that UPP is much easier to use, leaves the surface super slick, and gives the finish that extra "pop".

I know that SG is probably more durable but UPP is so easy to apply and removing and reapplying every 6 weeks or so would be a breeze.

jvcn
10-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I`ve also tried Paste Glaz and UPP on metallic gold. Both are good and the PG has a nice glow, but UPP is the slickness champ. My son could tell the difference from feel alone.

Dalton
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
The durability is my concern at this point. I will be applying SG as my winter coat. Maybe in thespring I will get some UPP

SilverLexus
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Give Pinnacle Signature or Paste Glaz a try or my favorite classic product P21S.

Any of these is so easy to apply that winter application is no problem if you have a garage.

"I did a silver metal flake Lexus Coupe with UPP and it was stunning. "

Sam, do you have pictures to share?

tom p.
10-13-2004, 05:58 PM
- - I`ll have to check it out. A generous forum brother provided me samples of UPC and UPP so it`s easy enough to give it a whirl without adding to my lengthy list of unwanted waxes and sealants that didn`t make the grade.

Thx for the suggestion!

jeff5614
10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Why do you all keep doing this to me?? I just put 1Z GW on my car last weekend and now you have me wanting to try UPP. :D