PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed on two different combos...

dschribs
10-13-2004, 08:09 AM
OK guys, can I have some opinions on these two combos?? Are any steps left out in either combo? Are there any steps that are kind of redundant? Car is a red show car that is driven very infrequently and always gargaed. Car has an excellent finish except for some minor swirls/spider webbing. Can you guys tell which combo you think would give better results (i.e. - a perfect finish)?? Durability is not an issue here since this is not a daily driver. All products applied with PC.

#80 + #81 + Souvern Paste

#83 + #82 + #81+ Souvern Paste

Thanks very much!!!

AudiOn19s
10-13-2004, 08:12 AM
I think that I remember reading that #81 was pretty much redundant after #80....

maybe #80 , NXT , Soveran paste instead?...or skip the middle step all together. look for posts by ScottWax...he uses #80 all the time and could probably give you a pretty good Idea on which combo will work the best.

stevet
10-13-2004, 08:29 AM
The products you have listed rank like this from most abrasive to least, #83, #80, #82, #81(non abrasive hand polish).

Use the least abrasive products that will do the job. No need to use an abrasive like #83 if you can get the job done with something less abrasive. You said the paint is in great condition. You might only need #82 to remove the swirls then continue on to #81 and Souvern. If this doesn`t work than move up to #80 or #83 if #80 doesn`t work. Use the least abrasive products that get the job done.