PDA

View Full Version : Advice On #9 And #83

WD Pro
10-13-2004, 06:53 AM
I am looking at buying these two products and just wanted a bit of advice.

Do any of them contain fillers (I think #9 does) ? If they do does Megs do an equivalent that does not ? If possible would like to stick with Megs products as they are relatively easy to get hold of in the UK.

I ask because I plan on using them before AIO & SG and if I understand correctly this would simply remove the fillers and reveal the hidden, not removed swirls.

Also what are these products like on black trim and stone chips ? The front end of my car looks like its been grit blasted and the last thing I want is a purple car with white spots everywhere …

Thanks in advance for any replies.

WD Pro :xyxthumbs

Gonzo
10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Being in Europe, the Menzerna automotive line should be available to you relatively easily I would imagine. If you can find a local source, I would highly recommend Menzerna`s Final Polish to use as a last step polish. It will remove any fillers, wax or oils left behind by previous polishing steps and give you the chance to find any residual marring, which you can then repolish before applying your finish of choice. FP will really burnish the paint to a high gloss and that alone will do wonders for whatever finish you use. When you use a MF to wipe off the FP after buffing, you will hear it squeek on the paint - LITERALLY! Amazing stuff! Use with a rotary or PC and a finishing pad on PC at #6 (rotary at about 1000 - 1200 RPM - higher RMS`s if you have some experience)

stevet
10-13-2004, 08:32 AM
#9 and DACP both contain fillers. If you want some non filler products try 3M Perfect it III. You should be able to get these local at any body shop supply store.