PDA

View Full Version : 1z or klasse

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 11:24 AM
I was just curious wich one would be more durable for my climate. I live in Houston and the cold season is coming. Of course living in Houston mean only a few short months of cold. Really what it boils down to is im addicted and want to try something new. My thought is to use my 1zpp and then aio and then the sealent glaze. Just wanted some advice or should I stick with what im using now wich is the 1z line.

Bill D
10-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Can`t go wrong with the 1z polishes and the Klasse twins. I use them just use your isopropyl alcohol mix/prepsol to be completely certain you won`t have bonding issues ( only slight chance)

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 11:40 AM
alcohol mix huh? im sorry I have no idea about this could you please explain....I love this website I learn something new every day.

Gonzo
10-12-2004, 11:42 AM
YES, YES, YES (1Z PP, AIO & SG) :D :cool:

After PP you may wish to consider using Menzerna FP as a last step polishing step. It really burnishes the paint to a high gloss and it will remove any fillers, waxes or oils used in previous polishing steps. The advantage is you will be able to see remaining imperfections before you start laying down the finish - it gives you an opportunity to fix them first.

The last complete polish I did on my red Lightning was at Thanksgiving last year and aside from adding layers of SG and UPP, it lasted until August when I traded in the truck for a cheaper to run Honda

Bill D
10-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Gonzo

YES, YES, YES (1Z PP, AIO & SG) :D :cool:

After PP you may wish to consider using Menzerna FP as a last step polishing step. It really burnishes the paint to a high gloss and it will remove any fillers, waxes or oils used in previous polishing steps. The advantage is you will be able to see remaining imperfections before you start laying down the finish - it gives you an opportunity to fix them first.

Yep finishing with FP is the ultimate! :up

Magellan498
10-12-2004, 12:07 PM
FP doesn`t have any fillers itself?

scottabir
10-12-2004, 12:30 PM
FP has no fillers in it. and it leaves the paint squeaky clean.

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 12:50 PM
well lets just make sure Ive got this strait, 1zpp..fp..aio..sg.

What do you guys think about after the fp using scratch x if need be to get rid of anything the pp did not. And do I need to bother with the alcohol mix if using fp between the pp and klasse twins.

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 12:53 PM
and is there really any benifit to switching from my regular products,pp..mp..gw..ps

Gonzo
10-12-2004, 01:14 PM
If you find marring after FP, just 1ZPP that small area again, the hit it with FP one more time. I cannot advise you with ScratchX as I have never used it, but IMHO FP should always be the last step polish before finish. Remember, preparation is everything!

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Alright appreciate it sounds good, im still iffy about klasse twins being better than my procedure already but tryin new stuff is always fun:bounce How do you apply your products pc or hand. I have another question, should I use this same regimen on customers cars, I dont mind 4steps on my own but im trying to find a 2 or at the most 3 step process so I can save money on products.

Gonzo
10-12-2004, 01:45 PM
I have applied AIO using LC gray finishing pad and by hand - to me it doesn`t matter that much. I have only ever applied SG by hand. Both following the BillNorth WOWO method.

I don`t detail for a living, but I have done other people`s vehicle for $ or traded services. They don`t seem to mind the 10-12 hour turnaround time because when I`m done they are amazed at the turnaround in appearance.

Some of my work is here (http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/modules/gallery/Gonzo?page=1) - the red Lightning was mine when I had one and the black one is one I did 10 days ago. Double click image to make it larger and double click that to get a full resolution view.

JasonD
10-12-2004, 01:52 PM
I don`t know if I would go as far as saying the Klasse twins are *better* than GW+PS. I would definitely say that it is another route to take, but not better. AIO is a great product, one of my favorites but Sonus Paintwork Cleanser can pretty much do the same thing, which I believe you already have.

I, personally, don`t care for SG on anything but wheels. It`s just plain too hard to work with. According to the guys from Einszett, GW is supposed to have the same life span as SG except with a deeper, richer, gloss since it contains carnauba. IMHO, I don`t think anything tops Souveran on black, hands down, especially over a good sealant like GW. I`m not saying SG doesn`t look excellent, it does. I just find it too hard to work with and since I like the look of GW better and it`s easier to use, it gets my vote.

As far as using ScratchX. If you think you have a scratch that PP isn`t going to get out, I would recommend using ScratchX on it before PP, that way PP can remove any marring the ScratchX left behind and smooth it out a bit.

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Good idea, hey JDookie did you get my pm, ive got some other stuff I want to discuss with you as well. Im about to leave the house for a hour or so but right me and ill get back to you.

Thanks every one for your advice.

andriver
10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Agree with Jason. I too find SG tempermental but I still use it.