PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FPII

CTDiesel
10-11-2004, 09:32 PM
I bought Menzerna FPII as polish for minor marring and light swirl marks, but the instructions on the bottle are for a rotary and I have a PC. Can I still use it or would I better off with something else? What would be a product with a similar abrasive level to use with a PC?

Thanks!

l33
10-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Although you get best results with the rotary, you can use it with a PC and get good results. I use it with Megs Polishing pad on 6 for light swirls and marring.

stevet
10-11-2004, 09:37 PM
I use FP II with a PC and it works great. Don`t expect it to remove anything but the most minor defects. Like the name says it is a final polish.

BookemDano
10-11-2004, 10:00 PM
I use IP and FPII with a PC and LC pads. If you have LC pads, try the white one. Also, as stevet said, it`s a final polish. Good for removing very minor defects only.

For more major defects, try the LC orange or yellow pad with Menzerna IP.

From there, the next step would be some 3M products I believe plus the yellow pad.

If that doesn`t do it, you`ll need a rotary buffer. Note that the rotary has higher risk and a steeper learning curve.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dan.

Bill D
10-15-2004, 04:27 PM
My FP (not FP II) is on its last leg, It has become my favorite product for very last step polishing. I understand there are minimal differences between FP and FPII so I think I ought to stock up on 32 oz of FP II next :D

zainoshine
10-15-2004, 06:45 PM
If IP doesn`t work, Menzerna has a heavy compounding polish called Power Gloss that`s a step up from IP. Probably similar to the heavy 3M Products, it`s for oxidation and such.

Carl

AutoNova
10-15-2004, 07:42 PM
I have all the Menzerna bottles sitting on the shelf because I can`t remember in what order they are used in?:)

DCT
10-15-2004, 07:47 PM
I`m extremely pleased with the results I`ve achieved using the FP II with a PC and the Meguiar`s polishing pad. It has very quickly become my favorite final polish!

I plan on trying with the rotary next spring.

togwt
10-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Quote: I have all the Menzerna bottles sitting on the shelf because I can`t remember in what order they are used in?

(1) Menzerna Intensive Polish- can be used as a spot compound to remove 2000 grit swirls, scratches and paint defects or as a whole panel compound to restore dull, oxidized or chalky finishes.

(2) Menzerna Final Polish II- this polish can be used after compounding or anytime as a preparatory step to waxing. Removes old wax, minor spider webbing and creates a clean, smooth, highly reflective surface

(3) Menzerna FMJ- the initials stand for Full Molecular Jacket. FMJ is an advanced, water-based, polymer paint protectant incorporating the latest in German super-polymer technology. It is not in the strictest sense a wax, as it contains no Carnauba wax, bee’s wax or German Montan waxes.

Don`t allow Menzerna polish to ‘dust’, work while it is still wet. If you find it beginning to dust, re-apply a small amount or wet the pad with some water."

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Gonzo
10-18-2004, 08:14 AM
AutoNova

PG for intense scratch cobwebbing removal

IP for run-of-the mill defect removal

FP for burnishing the paint just before finish application.

PG with a rotary will work down to almost a "ready for finish" shine. I did a black truck in the sun at 90+ degrees, so ended up spritzing the pad a lot with EO W&S to keep the polish wet while buffing and giving it time to break down. No problems encountered.

AutoNova
10-20-2004, 12:32 PM
What about the glaze?

So it shoud be:

IP

FP

Glaze

FMJ

?

Gonzo
10-20-2004, 12:34 PM
After Menzerna polishes, I use K-twins. Sorry no experience with M`s Glaze or FMJ