PDA

View Full Version : carnuba over sealant

lnl512
10-11-2004, 04:23 PM
:o

ok. in know that most sealants have a wait time before u can reapply/layer... but i keep seeing post where people top a sealant like for example "NXT" with a carnuba.

my question is do people do it right after the application of the sealant, or do they really wait till the sealant bonds. and if they do apply the carnuba right after the application of the sealant, does the carnuba stay on as expected or does the lifespan of the carnuba become less?

i hope i explained myself differently...

FIRST POST BY THE WAY

JJ_
10-11-2004, 04:31 PM
i`ve recently topped NXT with DC-3 carnuba. In my case i just waited an hour or so, but i think you are supposed to leave it to fully cure which can take 24hrs or so.

I feel the carnuba just lasts as long as it lasts, its like asking how long is a piece of string, it can be different in different circumstances, but in my trial period with this combo, i think it looks slick and quite deep.

Kleanride
10-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Welcome!

I think your best bet is going to be to wait 24 hours before adding carnauba. Make sure to get as many layers as you like before adding the topper because you will have a streaking, smearing mess if you want to add another layer of sealant over the carnauba....!

1 Clean WS6
10-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Dale DeSteno

Welcome!

I think your best bet is going to be to wait 24 hours before adding carnauba. Make sure to get as many layers as you like before adding the topper because you will have a streaking, smearing mess if you want to add another layer of sealant over the carnauba....!

I agree. :up

oaevo8u
10-11-2004, 05:43 PM
I use a synthetic wax and wait for it to cure(24hours) and then apply pinnacle souveran. In my area carnubas durability is not great but I dont mind applying it once a month because the gloss I get is amazing.

s2skimon
10-11-2004, 06:52 PM
24hr