PDA

View Full Version : Need a Reputable Paint Guy (Shop) in Austin, TX

texas328ci
10-10-2004, 03:05 PM
This is kind of a spinoff from my original thread on my worst paint defects.

Click here to see the defects I`m talking about (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44841)

My question now becomes...do any autopians from Central TX know a very good paint guy (body shop) in Austin TX or close? I figure I`ll get my paint repaired professionally before I try to kill myself polishing with no chance of success.

The pictures I posted were the worst defects, but there are other minor chips and things scattered throughout the finish. My next question is...If I have to have spots repaired on all the panels, how much should I plan on spending? Would it be easier to just have the entire vehicle repainted??:eek:

Thanks for any insight!

Scottwax
10-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I know of only one north central Texas body shop I would gladly recommend but he is in Dallas. If you can`t find someone you trust in Austin, call Aldo with Mister Collision at 972 484-4762.

Good luck finding someone decent, it isn`t easy.

texas328ci
10-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks Scott. I appreciate it! No kidding it`s hard to find someone decent...especially for the autopian`s eye :p

Would it be alright for me to PM you for more info if I can`t find anyone local?

Also, since new paint has to cure before waxing, do you think the 3 hour drive back to Austin could be detrimental to the job?

Thanks again!