PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO and SG

eternalx88
10-09-2004, 10:22 PM
I used 1z metallic polish and 1z paint polish. After using these two products, my car was very smooth even before using Klassse AIO and SG. After using the Klasse AIO and SG, it seems like the car got less smooth. Is this suppose to happen? I heard that you suppose to wait 24 hours after using the Klasse Sealant Glaze, and put another layer of wax (p21s).

BikeFreak
10-09-2004, 10:30 PM
It is recommended that you wait 24 hours between coats of Klasse to let it `cure`. Some people even wait up to a week. I have 3 layers of SG on my truck. It is smooth once applied but not as smooth as a carnuba IMO. I would recommend waiting atleast 24 hours between aplications, as would most people on this forum would too.

stevet
10-10-2004, 11:13 AM
1Z MP leaves behind waxes and oils. That is the smooth you were probably feeling. Klasse AIO is a cleaner and stripped all the wax and oils that MP left behind.

Accumulator
10-10-2004, 01:01 PM
This brings up the "which do you prefer" issue. On some vehicles I use the K twins, but on others I really prefer how 1Z polishes leave them, so I just top with something 1Z-friendly.

DSVWGLI
10-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

This brings up the "which do you prefer" issue. On some vehicles I use the K twins, but on others I really prefer how 1Z polishes leave them, so I just top with something 1Z-friendly.

Accumulator, is P21s 1Z friendly and can you apply it right away after 1Z MP?

NavindraLR
10-10-2004, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DSVWGLI

Accumulator, is P21s 1Z friendly and can you apply it right away after 1Z MP? [/QUOTE

im curious to this also... and what other products would u consider 1z friendly?.. im guessing no sealants? but what about waxes?

stevet
10-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Any non cleaner carnauba wax will work well over 1Z MP. If it has cleaners it will remove most if not all of the MP. Most sealants wont work well over MP either because they will not bond to the waxes and oils left by MP. P21S/S100 will work well.

s2skimon
10-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

This brings up the "which do you prefer" issue. .

I agree.. the look vs the slickness

Accumulator
10-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, as Stevet said you can use most any carnauba over MP, especially paste waxes. I`ve used UPP over (regular, pink) MP but got some sorta-minor bonding issues. Nothing really *awful*, but more wiping and a longer cure time were required. No such issues over the *Pro version* of MP, which still contains wax, but not as much. I just put another application of UPP on the S8, which had Pro MP as its final polish. No problems at all.

I guess I`d approach UPP-over-Pink MP cautiously, maybe wouldn`t try it at all on a dark vehicle. But it occurs to me that I tried that combo with the previous version of UPP and the new stuff does behave differently- I *think* it will now generally be more compatible with underlying products.

And when it comes to the preference, I actually prefer the *look* of UPP over 1Z polish (on my silver S8) over every other product combo I`ve tried on Audi silver. The slickness is just an added benefit. Heh heh, with all the silver Audis we`ve had and all the LSPs I`ve accumulated, that`s saying something! But it`s just *my* preference; my wife prefers carnauba on *her* silver A8 and neither one of us likes the look of good ole KSG on Audi silver- just a matter of how *we* want `em to look.