PDA

View Full Version : zainoed rims

Pages : [1] 2

MidNiteMysT
10-09-2004, 12:26 PM
quick question: im going to do the zaino treatment on my rims. how long should i wait after i do the whole treatment to put them on my car? i want the polish and everything to be fully cured/hardened.

edit: now that i think about it, is it ok to wash my rims with dawn? isnt it really bad for plastics and rubber? will it mess with my tires?

04BlackAV
10-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Why use Dawn on your wheels,use any dedicated wheel cleaner like EO A2Z.I don`t think Dawn`s going to hurt anything if that`s what you want to use.Unless it`s raining out put your wheels on after doing Zaino and take off. :up

Chopper
10-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Will probably cause the plastics and rubber to dry out faster, but I would think this would only happen after repeated uses. Just use a regular `Clear coat safe" auto soap. They can`t be that dirty, since I am assuming they car new wheels.

MidNiteMysT
10-10-2004, 04:25 PM
actually, they arent new. they were pretty damn dirty. thats why ide like to use dawn to really get em clean. and since the surface has to be free of everything, thats why ide like to use dawn.

paco
10-10-2004, 05:06 PM
A2Z

Z2/ZFX

RainX Wheel Protectant

Makes washing wheels a breeze.

04BlackAV
10-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Dirty dishes=Dawn!

Dirty wheels=Wheel cleaners!

Dawn and Zaino don`t always have to go together!

MidNiteMysT
10-12-2004, 04:51 PM
i just thought that when doing the whole zaino treatment, i should use dawn first cuz the wheels are dirty. would it be ok to just use z7, then the whole zaino thing?

would it be ok to do the whole zaino thing then the rain x wheel treatment, or doing the whole zaino thing then rain x wheel treatment would be useless, so i should just use the zfx/z2, then straight to rain x wheel treatment.

Jesstzn
10-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MidNiteMysT

so i should just use the zfx/z2, then straight to rain x wheel treatment.

I know nothing of rain-X wheel treatment but a Q comes to mind ... is it safe over Zaino or will it remove it?

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 09:46 PM
If you are going to actually remove the wheel I dont c a problem with using dawn. Im assuming when your going to do your wheels you are also going to use a good rubber cleaner on your tires as well and then apply a good rubber protectant so I dont c the problem.

imported_DetailGirl
10-12-2004, 10:33 PM
I dont understand the obession with this dawn business. Sal says ue dawn so people think that its goingto magically fix everything. Dawn is for dishes only!!!

Jesstzn
10-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

I dont understand the obession with this dawn business. Sal says ue dawn so people think that its goingto magically fix everything. Dawn is for dishes only!!!

Dawn has its uses .. removes waxes and greases prior to Zaino ..

Or you could recommend an on line ordered product for $20 ..

Dawn fixes nothing .. just removes grease and wax ..

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 11:20 PM
My thoughts exactly Jesstzn

oaevo8u
10-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Here is a idea, since everyone has second thoughts on dawn, why not use meguiars gold class but double strength. Ive gotten some preety ruff grime off my wheels with it, as a matter of fact thats what I use to wash my wheels. I dont want to waste the perls, I dont know about removing wax or not but its a idea.

MidNiteMysT
10-13-2004, 12:34 AM
i think ill just wash it with dawn for the initial wash to get rid of all the wax and polish and stuff so the zaino can bond properly. and actually, i never heard of the rain x wheel treatment either, i just assumed it existed since he recommended i use it. i didnt plan on using a rubber cleaner, i was just gonna use some water and wipe it down with some paper towels then apply some z-16 after i get most of the dirt off that way. should i be getting a seperate tire cleaner and then applying z16?

oaevo8u
10-13-2004, 01:29 AM
ive never used z16 but I always use a good rubber cleaner and then rubber protectant with some kind of uv protec. I personally like 1z