PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle bodywork shampoo and AUTOSOL

SVR
10-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Those who have used Pinnacle`s coconut oil based shampoo, please give me your opinion on it. I have received a very small sample and want to do some research on it before paying $80 USD ($120-140 AUD) for a 3.78 litre container of it.

How long do the suds hang around?

AUTOSOL metal polish

Why is it that this great product is a miracle worker on surface rust and scratches on lead based single stage 60`s/70`s and 80`s finishes but on today`s bake hardened sheetmetal ones, does nothing but scratch the paint. Our aussie falcons have PPG 2K paint on it and I was unable to get some scratches off of my previous AU falcon. WEIRD

Bobby G
10-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Ah, I believe coconut fragrance would be correct, not coconut oil.

beastie
10-09-2004, 03:07 AM
Pinnacle`s shampoo is very luxurious. It`s "Tuff Suds" make for some dense, long-lasting, great-smelling suds. It does clean the paint pretty well but I get the impression that it is a bit too "enthusiastic" in its cleaning ability. Souveran wax washed with this shampoo feels like its gone. Maybe the purpose is to get the paint as clean as possible. It succeeds in that matter. It does leave the paint squeeky clean and shiny.

ALAN81
10-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Very good shampoo BUT you can get JUST as good shampoo with 1/2 the cost!

SilverLexus
10-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Here`s my take:

1. Overall superb boutique soap.

2. A bit strong but not too much bite.

3. Nice tropical fragrance.

4. Long lasting suds and quick generation of suds also.

Minor negative: Seems to dry out the hands severely.

I would suggest getting P21S bodywork shampoo which is less expensive and as good or better in cleaning IMHO.

mtodde
10-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SilverLexus

Here`s my take:

1. Overall superb boutique soap.

2. A bit strong but not too much bite.

3. Nice tropical fragrance.

4. Long lasting suds and quick generation of suds also.

Minor negative: Seems to dry out the hands severely.

I would suggest getting P21S bodywork shampoo which is less expensive and as good or better in cleaning IMHO.

I have to agree with Lee`s take on the Pinancle. I love the suds, but it is expensive. I am using it with Pinnacle Signature as the LSP and it works very well; I have not experienced any problems with it stripping the wax off, but I use about 1 oz for 3 gallons of water.

It has the best suds of the boutique soaps that I have tried. I don`t know if you can get it since you are in Australia, but Poorboy`s new car wash may be a good choice too.

Lee is bringing me some P21S today and I`m anxious to try it out; everything I`ve heard about it has been great.

SVR
10-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I order all this boutique stuff from autogeek

Sounds like the PH level of this stuff is too high.

P21S shampoo in australia is $190 for 5 litres, don`t think I will touch that stuff. Love the wax though

Would never use any shampoo after sealing, don`t need it.

May try wolfgangs auto bathe, it`s double the price of detailers pride auto wash which I have a big container of but much cheaper than pinnacle`s.

Thanks for your opinions.