PDA

View Full Version : PC pad/product recommendations for glass

maecrispy
10-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Only been using the PC for a couple months and I haven`t used it for glass yet. Any pad/product recommendations?

I have some autoglym and Z-12 that I usually do by hand. I was thinking white polishing pad for a bit more bite and a setting of 4?

Or maybe VM with white pad? If it makes any difference, I`d be using the 3.5" backing plates with the 4" LC pads.

Any info is appreciated.

togwt
10-08-2004, 11:33 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

テすTo polish glass surfaces (see note) apply a quarter size amount of Autoglym Car Glass Polishテ「窶椶 or Groit`s Fine Glass to dry 100% cotton or Microfiber cloth or a foam pad attached to a

テすPorter Cable random orbital buffer set at speed # 4.

テすApply to half of the windshield, polishing first in an up and down motion then in a left-to-right motion and then repeat on the other side, proceed to other glass surfaces.

テすGo over the glass several times in each direction, glass will polish virtually residue free.

テすBefore cleaning door glass, open the widow half way. Clean the top and the leading edge of the glass as these usually sit in the door window tracks. Wipe off any residue, and polish with a clean dry 100% cotton Microfiber cloth.

テすInspect glass for clarity and smoothness. Repeat if necessary.

Note:

For deeply etched water spots` or pits (caused by sand or road stones) in the glass surface, do not attempt to polish them out, consult an automotive glass vendor as glass used on later model cars is soft and thin (this may vary by manufacturer) due to weight / cost savings by vehicle manufactures and polishing could cause glass to crack. Some windshields and mirrors have a tinted plastic coating or a blue tint that will scratch or be damaged, only polish or use synthetic wool on uncoated glass.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon