PDA

View Full Version : Some Q`s regarding QEW

Pages : [1] 2

C-MDX
10-08-2004, 02:50 AM
Sorry but I didn`t search :o. Anyways, I have a few questions reguarding QEW.

1. How dirty is too dirty for QEW?? A few months ago I saw this thread where this guy was QEWing his car but made a big mess instead, the person who replied it said the car was too dirty to QEW. Then there`s this thread from GSRstilez where he washed this really dirty Jetta with QEW without marring the finish but he did it 2x. Do you need to have the skills of GSRstilez ;) to wash a really dirty car with QEW or is it just like another wash?? (don`t wanna marr my paint!!)

2. Let me get this straight, so you saturate a wash mitt with QEW, wipe it on the car then dry the car?? Are there anything I missed or is this basicly it?? When you wipe the wash mitt on the car will ALL the dirt be attracted to the mitt because it is low surface tension??

The Jetta I`m talking about, I mean, are there any tricks QEWing that thing except doing it 2x??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03001.jpg

carcrazy22
10-08-2004, 05:45 AM
For dirty car, you can add 1-2 oz of QD to QEW for more lubricity.

Aurora
10-08-2004, 06:05 AM
if it`s super dirty, go rinsing panel by panel and every third panel or so, go back over the previous couple just to be on the safe side. It shouldn`t add much time at all to the cleaning. That`s what I`ve done. Anybody got some more tips on this?

Aurora
10-08-2004, 06:08 AM
Oh, and I always have a QEW mix in spray bottle for wheels and just spraying the dirtier areas down before hitting them with the mitt. I usually feel a drag on the mitt when wiping down dirtier surfaces, but with a quick spray, it glides, which to me is a good thing.

spotter
10-08-2004, 07:37 AM
I don`t think you need to do it twice but I would consider changing the water and wash mitt after it gets really dirty. I believe you are less likely to marr your paint on a dirty car using QEW than using other car wash soaps as long as your mitt is clean. QEW is truly amazing if you give it a try......the bottomline for me was Scottwax said it was what he uses and anything he uses is good enough for me since "he `da man".

stevet
10-08-2004, 07:54 AM
I read that thread about the Jetta that GSRstilez did. It was some amazing work that he did but I found it strange that he washed twice with QEW so he wouldn`t marr the finish. That car was trashed. How would he know if he marred the finish? The finish was already swirled to h#ll.

C-MDX
10-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys. One more question, so you can pour some QEW on a spray bottle and spray it on the wheel like a wheel cleaner?? And when you wipe the wash mitt on the car, does QEW lift off every bit of dirt on the car to the wash mitt so you`re left with a clean but wet panel??

Bill D
10-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Yes you could use it in a spray bottle, works decently. It will clean with the mitt very well up to a point. Not recommended for a very dirty car so in the winter for example, might need to use it daily

stilez
10-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Just to add a little...

I did QEW x 2. The reason I even did QEW on the Jetta was 1) No hose hookup and 2) I was polishing it out anyways.

If it is very dirty, you can add QEW to both buckets for extra cleaning and lubricity. I always use 2 chenille pads and they stay clean enough with the 2 bucket method.

The main key is not to rush it :)

s9am_me
10-28-2004, 04:14 AM
after reading up on this stuff... does it really work?!? I just can`t imagine a wet wash mitt on a dirty DRY panel. I have a black car, has anyone really checked if this thing can cause swirls?? How long would a 16oz last if I were to do this once a week? thinking about trying this out.

Is this the same as the spray and wipe I hear about? If not, which do you folks recommend? Gonna use this stuff during the winter when it rains and my car gets water spots and dust from the road.

scottabir
10-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Yes QEW really works. Scottwax has been using it for years, and uses it on a Rolls royce if I remember right. A lot of people on here use it with great results. I too have a black car and it does not marr my paint. I did have issues when I first started using it, but it was my drying technique that caused some marring. Spray and wipe can be a "dry" wash such as from poorboys or rightlook ect. where you spray it on and wipe off the dirt. This past weekend I tried the PB`s S&W on my car and it worked great after I got the hang of it. No marring resulted from using it, and the car hadn`t been washed in three weeks ( nasty stuff on it).

kompressornsc
10-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Thought I would add this in here...

Apres` QEW, can you Zaino w/o cleaning off the QEW residue?

If you do need to clean it, what`s the easiest product w/o stripping the underlying Z? Will Z6 get it clean enough? alcohol?

scottabir
10-28-2004, 07:17 AM
I do believe QEW has a small amount of wax in it...I could wrong but I am pretty sure. I dont know about the Z question.

Aurora
10-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Hey, Scott, you need to post pics of your 6 cause it looks nice in your avatar!

Aurora
10-28-2004, 08:22 AM
And yes both products are great. QEW for dirtier ones.