PDA

View Full Version : Black T/A with swirls (of course)

BlackWS6
10-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Hello everyone first time poster here :D :wavey

Well as you can tell from my user name I have a black WS6, (my second one, replaces the stolen/totaled first one)

With this one the paint isn`t in as good shape as the one I bought new, so I need to get rid if the swirls, bug gut stains, and a few door ding marks. Will Megs ScratchX used with a PC (speed setting?)and Sonus pad (what color should I use?) get rid of the marks/defects in the paint, or should I go for something else to start with

Thanks for any hints and/or tips you can give me :)

scottlee
10-07-2004, 11:45 PM
i have heard that megs scratch x and a pc dont mix

the product tends to gum up on the pads

try a different combo, suggestions ??

bunker
10-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi BlackWS6!!

Welcome to town.

Hard to answer your questions without really knowing more.......about the paint condition and your experience.

I am sure you are aware that ScratchX is not designed for PC (or any machine) use.

Yes, some of us (me) have used it with a PC, but maybe it is not your best choice. It has a tendancy to get gummy and is hard to remove if worked by machine. Try using a little by hand, and see if it gives you the results you are looking for.

In my opinion, there are better products to use with machine. DACP is a favorite of mine.

Keep us informed, and again, welcome.:wavey

vdog0531
10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
this is what i wrote for another thread.. but it will apply here as well. i can`t wait to see some pics... i love WS6`s!!!

detailing, from i have learned is all about process. Clean, polish, protect, and perfect was how i was taught.

1) wash the vehicle

2) polish the vehicle with any number of different polishes on the market.. by hand or by machine.

3) Seal the paint with a good sealent for protection.

4) Wax after the sealent has cured with a good wax such as NXT.

hope this helps a little. there is gobs and gobs of information on this sight. Look into getting a Porter Cable DA polisher. great investment and newbie proof. ALso check out the "click and brag" forum to see what others use on their vehicles and to see how it works for them. good luck man!!

Vernon

EDIT: so in other words.. don`t worry too much about the products, but develop a good feel for the process of detailing, and then develop your own product line off of the process. the click and brag section is a great place to see what products do what!:xyxthumbs

BlackWS6
10-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Well I was going to use the scratchx as it was what I had :D

As for sealants, I guess Zaino is considered a sealant (have the Z5), I use the Gold class (megs) to top off the Z5.

So what I was planning for the weekend:

Wash (probably with Dawn)

Clay (Mothers bar using Z7&water as lube)

ScratchX the bad spots (mostly the nose, and possibly get a more aggresive defect remover, suggestions?)

Rewash

dry

Z5

Wax

Stand back enjoy shine :D

sQuashed
10-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Lots of people say avoid the dawn at all costs. Just get some car wash soap that is designed for cars. Dawn is designed for dishes,keep it in the kitchen..

From one F-Body owner to another: Welcome to Autopia !!!

gav'spurplez
10-08-2004, 05:39 PM
do you have a pc ?? do you want to stick to over the counter products ??

these might come into play when deciding what products you want to use :xyxthumbs

BlackWS6
10-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by gav`spurplez

do you have a pc ?? do you want to stick to over the counter products ??

these might come into play when deciding what products you want to use :xyxthumbs

Yes I have a PC and the Sonus pad assortment, OTC products would be prefered but the "professional" products aren`t out of the question

ZaneO
10-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Honestly, I would invest in some quality polishes to go with your PC. I really like Menzerna and Poorboy`s polishes. Einzett aslo makes really nice polishes.

If you are polishing, there is no need for Dawn. Really no need for it, period.