PDA

View Full Version : Hi

D3mon
10-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Hi guys and gals,

Decided to become a poster after lurking the forums for while getting the know the layout. Here`s a little about me:

A brief foray into the arena of UK National IASCA car-audio competitions in the late 90`s opened my eyes to car detailing (as it was required as part of the judging process.) Although the two cars I`ve owner since have been neither fast or fancy, I`ve always figured to make the best of what I have.

The first car (which housed the audio setup), was an F reg Ford Orion, in a dark metallic Magenta. In its previous life, it was a company car and had suffered significant panel damage and several poor-color-match resprays before it came to be in my ownership.

This was subjected to an almost weekly wash with AG bodywork shampoo, followed by a single coat of AG SRP and, if not too sunny, a single coat of AG EGP. In those days the temptation to buff was too high so the coats didn`t get long to settle in, but the results over a period of years were well defined, prompting onlookers to often ask which company had done the total respray!

Housebuying and Marriage cooled off the car-fetish for a few years until recently, when I aquired my current car, a Honda Civic `Imagine`, on an `03` plate, in metallic silver. It`s a daily driver (unlike the previous car) easily covering 100+miles a day, and I`ve gotten back into the cleaning and polishing thing again, hence my meeting here with you guys. Sadly, I`ve a feeling that silver may not be the best colour to get a good shine from... :mad:

Having seen some of the products and photos of detailing work here, I`ve come to realise that perhaps I wasn`t getting the best from my basic routine. I`m intruiged by the concepts of claying and waxing, but am a little confused about whether my exisiting AG routine covers those aspects or not - but that will be the subject on my future posts here...

I`m hoping to hone my skills on this Honda, before moving on to my future ride, which hopefully will be The Civic R-Type (in black this time, for best results!)

If you got this far, thanks for reading right thru. Look forward to meeting you in the forums.

;)

RedondoV6
10-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Welcome to Autopia!

Where in the Midlands are you located? I live in the US now but was born in the Midlands myself.

D3mon
10-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Evesham, Worcestershire - having relocated from Daventry, Northamptonshire after leaving school (all those years ago!)

Lowejackson
10-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Welcome to Autopia :xyxthumbs

Always great to see more Brits here

Pats300zx
10-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Welcome to Autopia.....:wavey

THECLEANER
10-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Welcome and enjoy your stay:xyxthumbs