PDA

View Full Version : Paint Swirled, Applied Zaino already, screwed up, Help!

DV8
10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi guys, i`m new to the forum and I`ve been having a huge blast reading all the posts through the search function, but I`m having a tough time finding a specific topic...

I have a 2002 Honda Accord V6, and it has some crazy swirls. I have the Zaino Swirl remover, Z2 and zfx. I`ve applied at least 3 layers of the swirl remover, and swirl marks are still present. so 3 days ago, i ordered a PC7424 and DACP in hopes that these 2 will help me take off the swirls.

Now here is my problem... after reading all the articles, I`ve realized that Zaino is not a paint prep, but a sealent. But since i`ve already layered Zaino on my car over the swirl marks, will a PC and DACP help?? Or will I have to somehow take off zaino then use DACP?

Here are my plans as soon as my DACP and PC arrive...

1. Wash car with Z7 wash

2. DACP & PC

3. Wash car again with Z7

4. Z2

I`m very newb at car detailing, so if there are any improvements that I can do, PLeASE help. Thanks in advance.

LouisanaJeeper
10-06-2004, 11:04 PM
the DACP alone will remove the previous zaino

DV8
10-06-2004, 11:08 PM
i actually just found another post with almost hte same question i have,

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44613

but feel free to add more information

anyone got the link with all the definition of the abbreviations?

Anthony O.
10-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Hello and welcome to Autopia:wavey

Zaino is not an abrasive to where it will remove swirls. It can only fill them to a degree.

If the swirls are bad then I doubt a PC will help you. You may need to have it leveled by a professional using a rotary polisher.

This means that a micro thin layer of paint will have to be literally abradded away. Swirls are IN the paints top coat so the layer of paint that has the swirls needs to be removed.

You can try it with a PC but the wrong choice in pad/product can lead to even more headaches especially if you choose an aggressive pad with an abrasive cleaner/SMR.

Go with the least abrasive product first as well as a pad. A LC white polishing pad with DACP would be a good place to start. If this does not work then stay with the polishing pad and move up to something a bit more aggressive. If that works then go back to another polishing pad and DACP, SSR2, IP or a similar product.

Finish this off with something like FP and a finishing pad. Top it and you`re done.

Happy Detailing,

Anthony

Eliot Ness
10-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by DV8

.......anyone got the link with all the definition of the abbreviations?

Here you go: LINK. (http://www.autopia.org/display.php?file=acronyms.htm)

togwt
10-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Z-2 produces the most gloss of the two synthetic waxes, it is optically much clearer than Z-5 and will highlight any surface imperfections, whereas Z-5 will ‘hide’ very minor surface imperfections with fillers. Z-3 is a ‘polish’ for single stage (non-clear coated) paint.

~Hope this helps~