PDA

View Full Version : Dust under car cover

drrac2
10-06-2004, 11:35 AM
I have a stock car cover that I bought at a local auto store for my garage queen. Its a three later cover, I believe it can be used outdoors. It covers the car very well, and fits pretty snug. The problem I am having is that when I remove the cover there is a fine layer of dust underneath. Does this happen to any of you guys?

The fact that I have to CCD and QD each time I take the car out, due to this layer of dust, leaves me a hesitant to recover if I plan on using the car several times that week.

Those of you with garage queens do you use a cover? If so how often? Perhaps I need a custom cover?

Thanks

EKGTI
10-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I just started using my NOAH car cover because I have to park on the street next to sprinklers. I figure some fine scratches due to the cover and dust are well worth avoiding the evil water spots that will destroy my paint. And I can PC the fine scratches if I need to.

But then again, has anyone scratched their car because of minor dust under the cover?

togwt
10-06-2004, 01:09 PM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I’ve been using a Dusttop cotton cover and a Weathersheild (got the idea from someone on Autopia, can’t remember a name though) for outdoors and just the Dusttop inside, CD and a QD take a little time but IMO well worth the time it takes to prevent acid rain, bird excrement, tree resin, water spots and etc

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Bill D
10-06-2004, 01:50 PM
TOGWT,

Do you use the WS ontop of the Dustop? I use a WS ontop of a Noah whenever the car needs to be outside :up

az57chevy
10-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Any car cover still ends up letting some fine dust through. Just imagine how much would be on it without? Also with someone else`s help, shake out the cover from time to time and an occassional wash will help