PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Orange Pad

e-klasse
10-05-2004, 11:05 PM
How aggressive is the Sonus DAS orange pad? Working with a black finish, moderate swirls and other defects, and was thinking about starting with SSR2.5 on Sonus green. What are the pros and cons of going with Sonus orange and either SSR2.5 or 2?

JasonD
10-05-2004, 11:10 PM
I don`t know if you are familiar with LC pads or not, but I would say the orange Sonus is between the LC white and yellow. It`s definitely not as coarse as the yellow but stiffer than the white. Does that make sense?

If you`re not sure what pad to start out with, start out with the less aggressive one. You can always move more aggressive, but the buffer induced haze might get a little heavy with 2.5/orange. You`d be surprised what you can do with that green pad. The worst thing that can happen is you will just have to go over it one more time.

Eliot Ness
10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Jason,

Have you used the LC pads? If so, how does the orange LC compare to the orange Sonus? I find the LC orange to be a nice step up from the Megs polish pad w/o being too agressive. Next order I thought I`d give some Sonus pads a shot.

e-klasse, Jason is right on with the advice on starting out with the least agressive pad and then stepping up if needed.

TW85 HHI
10-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Just this past weekend I used SSR2.5/Sonus Orange on a black vehicle and the haze from the 2.5/Orange combo was VERY minimal. SSR1/Green removed any hazing and additional swirls.

Doesn`t hurt to try the green pad on a panel first.

Bobby G
10-06-2004, 01:52 PM
The Sonus DAS Orange Pad is a light cutting pad. It is very forgiving and can be used with a good amount of a pressure to remove heavy swirls and light scratches. Used with a cutting polish designed to remove 1000 to 2000 grit wet sanding scratches, the pad will leave the finish slightly hazy. Follow with a polishing pad and a swirl-remover polish formula to restore full gloss.

db

e-klasse
10-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks to all for your help... it will come in handy this weekend!!