PDA

View Full Version : Caring for a car with no cover

Wicho
10-05-2004, 08:34 PM
I live in s townhome in South Florida. I was wondering what I can do to protect my car from all the elements, rain, water etc. Aside from washing and waxing what can I do ? I was thinking of a car cover but I read on this forum that I would need to dust the car before I cover it. I know a car cover would really help my car maintain its shine and extent the times I have to wash it. Any suggestions guys.... thanks:D

Bill D
10-05-2004, 10:11 PM
What`s the big deal about dusting? Once you get your procedure down you could actually dust, qd and cover it up pretty quickly.

sQuashed
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Thats what I do daily here in the freakin windy desert.. Dust it, quick QD,and then cover it !!! And then drive the mid 80`s Beater blazer !!! The cover makes a world of difference with the thick dust we get around here !!

Wicho
10-05-2004, 10:50 PM
By QD you mean quick detail right ? What exactly does that mean ? Sorry for the newb question but I really don`t know what a qd is.

togwt
10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I use a Sunbrella fabric car cover for sun UVR protection (Florida) Before I place the car cover I use a California car duster to remove any dry loose dust and a quick detailing spray (QD) for any other marks. With practice you’ll be able to remove/place a car cover, dust and QD in minutes. Trust me its well worth the ‘extra’ time taken to preserve the finish and for the protection provided.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Bill D
10-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Couldn`t agree more :xyxthumbs