PDA

View Full Version : Difference between #16 and #26?

TGates
10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I`m about to order one or the other for use on top of Klasse or Zaino on my silver car. What are the differences between the two?

flip2jetta
10-05-2004, 05:06 PM
From what I`ve read in a few threads 16 outlasts 26, but honestly I say read thier product reviews in the reviews section. From the meguiar`s site it says that 26 has added silicones and polymers while 16 is pure wax so I`m thinking that`s the main difference between the two.

TGates
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Since I`m looking to use the #16 as an LSP over Klasse/Zaino, it seems it would be the better choice, as #26 is not a "pure" wax.

I currently use Pinnacle Souveran over the Klasse twins on my black car. I just thought I would give the #16 a try since it is 1) CHEAPER, 2) has received rave reviews, and 3) will probably look better on the silver car than the Souveran.

Basically just adding to my arsenal. ADD TO CART :doh

ALAN81
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Much more durability in #16 its a old school wax that has been around for 50 plus years.Not that #26 is bad it really is not but in my opion #16 is a much better product

truvette
10-05-2004, 05:51 PM
I actually just did a review of #16 this past Monday. I encourage you to read it if you would like more information. From my experiences, I can tell you it would be an excellent topper for Klasse. After putting it on my car, it definately made the surface slicker and I could tell that there was solid protection on my car from "looks" alone. The surface just seemed shiny, deep, and well-protected.

Jesstzn
10-05-2004, 06:17 PM
I currently have #16 as a topper on Zaino and have had it on Klasse .. both with good results. Since getting #16 .. the #26 has sat unused. You may find #16 will skin over on you again on black once it hits the hot sun but one wash and thats gone and worth the little inconvenience.

I just topped VM with #16 on a red Jetta Yesterday and it turned out brilliant. Owner was more than happy .. matter of fact it got me a tip.

Scottwax
10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
#16 has a more clear look. #26 is slightly softer and deeper. Not real huge differences, probably most noticable on darker colors. #26 will also slightly darken the paint, were as #16 just makes it look wetter. #16 is definitely more durable though so if that is your main concern, there is no contest.

truvette
10-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

You may find #16 will skin over on you again on black once it hits the hot sun but one wash and thats gone and worth the little inconvenience.

What is meant by the term "skin over"? :confused:

SilverLexus
10-05-2004, 07:34 PM
I have a lot of past experience with #26. It will impart a slightly yellow tint to paint which sometimes looks good and sometimes looks bad. I don`t see this as much with #16.

If 2 months durability is enough, then go with P21S which is MUCH easier to apply and has an all around better look.

Dolphin463
10-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know where you can get # 16 locally, without having to mail order it. I don`t really need any other supplies and I hate the idea of paying $7-$8 for shipping just for a $13 can of wax.

Thanks

PAW
10-05-2004, 11:11 PM
You could try this link

Meguiar`s Dealer locator (http://www.meguiars.com/DealerLocator/DealerLocator_template.cfm)

Or look in the yellow pages under automotive paint supply.

stiege
10-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Mike

Does anyone know where you can get # 16 locally, without having to mail order it. I don`t really need any other supplies and I hate the idea of paying $7-$8 for shipping just for a $13 can of wax.

Thanks

I asked the same question and got good answers in this thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44280

Jason