PDA

View Full Version : What Products???????

imported_Mr.C
10-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone this is my first post so I hope I am in the right section.

My question is this I have the following products for cleaning and waxing my brand new 2004 Honda EX red car:

Mothers 3 step

Meg 1 and 2 plus NXT.

I only use them by hand I don`t have a PC

Which of these products would you use and why?

Which ones will give me the best shine for my car?

Mothers or Meg ?

I also have a Meg car wash that I use.

I have recently used an old can of Meg. # 26 over NXT then tried the NXT spray wax and now all I have is a mess the wax is smeared. What do I do to get my car back to normal?

Wash with dawn then use ????

Sorry for so many questions.

Thank you all for your time.

Mr.C:o :confused: :doh

Scottwax
10-04-2004, 09:47 PM
No Dawn wash, that is only a preliminary step when you use Zaino, and even then, it isn`t recommended for regular use. Stick with regular car wash soap. Any polishing steps will remove old wax and the smeared mess on your car. You may need to use detailing clay as well. If the paint isn`t glass smooth after washing, use the clay.

Without seeing your paint in person, it is hard to say what polishing steps you need to take. You should go with the 2nd polishing step of either system first. If that does the job, no need to use the more aggressive first step product. Both Meguiars and Mothers will give you good results, use the one that is easiest for you. NXT is probably going to give you the best shine as a last step product. Only use the NXY spray wax over NXT, that is what it is designed for.