PDA

View Full Version : Going to buy an orbital polisher, any advice?

imported_The Uncle
10-04-2004, 07:17 PM
I`ve been reading about oribtal polishers for some time now, and finally decided to take the plunge.

I thought I would order the Porter Cable 7424 from Coastal Tools, and then the Sonus Pad kit from Autopia (slightly cheaper than getting the Sonus rig from Autopia, because I don`t hae to pay California sales tax at Coastal Tools). Does that sound like a decent way to go? Anything else I need to order or look out for?

BTW, I`ve already done an Autopia search and read the useful dicussions of these issue. So, don`t feel the need to give me information on model numbers etc.

Eliot Ness
10-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a plan ;)

The only thing you may want to buy are some extra polishing pads, other than that you`ll be good to go. You`ve done your homework well :xyxthumbs.

If you enter in the code SONUS when order pads from Autopia you get a 15% discount, not sure if that will be good with the pad kit since it`s already discounted, but it worth a shot. You won`t regret your purchase, your car`s paint and your arms will thank you!

svanderbilt
10-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Yeah, probably just more pads. I think you only get 1 of each in the kit.

imported_The Uncle
10-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. I`ll definitely order some extra pads.

jimmybuffit
10-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Seems you`ve made the basic decision; that you`ll benefit from a DA polisher. The PC is the better choice. I also have the Cyclo, but seldom reach for it.

I dunno nothin about no Sonus pads... the Meg`s backing plate and pads work just fine for me. Oh, I`ve tried *several* others.

Coastatool has fine service, so if the numbers work to your advantage...

G`Luck

Jim

Accumulator
10-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

.. The PC is the better choice. I also have the Cyclo, but seldom reach for it.

Heh heh, and then *I* would`ve said the exact opposite :D

I also have PCs, but seldom reach for them, preferring the Cyclos. Different strokes, etc. :cool: