PDA

View Full Version : Not being remembered

dalmore
10-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Ok, I admit that I`m a somewhat forgettable guy but the new site never seems to remember me when return and forces me to login again. I`m starting get a complex.
:whine

Do i need to recofigure something? Maybe toss out my old cookie and accept a new one? Or is this a new feature that I`ll have to just get used to.

If it matters, I use multiple computers and they all have the same issue ...

Thanks!!

JaredPointer
10-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Maybe you have your browser set to clear all cookies/history when you close it. :dunno

dalmore
10-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Close a browser? what a strange concept .... :D

Poorboy
10-29-2004, 09:44 AM
try logging out and then logging in using that tiny little check that says "remember me" :D

The Chee
10-29-2004, 09:46 AM
or your firewall is blocking the cookie

dalmore
10-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Hmm, well it seems that this not the way it`s supposed to behave so lets try to find the problem. here`s the Remember Me checked.

I`ve cleared all my cookies and relogined in... and got all new detailcity cookies so the corporate firewall doesn`t seem to be the issue.

I try to avoid use MS`s IE by using Safari on OS-x mostly but Mozilla Firefox when I have to slum and use Windows. Safari and Firefox both use the same engine as I understand it. Is there a known issue?

norahcrv
10-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Ok, I admit that I`m a somewhat forgettable guy but the new site never seems to remember me when return and forces me to login again. I`m starting get a complex.
:whine

Nah, who could forget a signature & avatar like yours!!!;)

More likely it`s just trying to make sure that you always remember just "who you are"!!;) :rolling

Sorry to hijack, but I figured we`ve got the big boys working here, maybe they could just give a quick answer to this: I`m using Mozilla 1.7.2 and haven`t had any problems logging in, but when I log out, it never closes the window?:dunno I get this text box:

"vBulletin Message

All cookies cleared!

* Return to the page you were previously viewing
* Go to forums index"

Is this normal? Am I really logged out, and I just have to close the tab? Or is it because I`m still logged in at a different computer?

Thanks,

Norah

dalmore
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Celearing out the cookies seemed to have done the trick.