PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax & Klasse Sealant Glaze

Marty
10-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax has recently become available here in Australia and I want to try it but I have a few questions:

Is it a pure wax or does it have any cleaning/polishing properties?

I currently have 3 layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze on my car; will Meguiar`s NXT Generation Tech Wax strip or damage the Klasse Sealant Glaze?

What results have people achieved with Klasse Sealant Glaze and NXT Generation Tech Wax on top?

Can the NXT Generation Tech Wax be layered?

Any additional helpful hints on applying NXT Generation Tech Wax?

Sorry about the numerous questions but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Dtail
10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
From what i heard, NXT tech wax has some slight cleaning properties. If so, then nxt tech wax may not be able to layer. I tried to layer nxt and in my own eyes the 2nd layer gave an improvement over the first.

BillNorth
10-03-2004, 11:20 AM
NXT does have cleaners and it will remove all of your SG. Based on this, both products cannot be use together. NXT will also remove any previous NXT applied. Application is very easy. Apply to the car, thin coats, then wipe off.

jfelbab
10-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

NXT does have cleaners and it will remove all of your SG. Based on this, both products cannot be use together. NXT will also remove any previous NXT applied. Application is very easy. Apply to the car, thin coats, then wipe off.

That doesn`t gel with my NXT testing. I have tried applying a glaze (#81) on one side of my hood and applied NXT over the whole hood. The side that had the glaze clearly looked wetter and deeper. Therefore I`d conclude that NXT may remove some glaze but clearly not all. YMMV.

svanderbilt
10-03-2004, 01:23 PM
I don`t see how that "doesn`t gell with (your) NXT testing". I think it would be obvious that a wax/polish/cleaner combo like NXT would not have all the swirl hiding properties of a pure glaze. It`s been long established that a "shampoo & conditioner" product generally doesn`t do each step as well as 2 seperate products can.

The Meguiar`s website says that NXT is "Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish."

Just because the glaze looked wetter and deeper in your opinion than NXT doesn`t mean that NXT doesn`t remove whats underneath it. These are two disparate things; I don`t see how a connection could be drawn.

jfelbab
10-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by beau

I don`t see how that "doesn`t gell with (your) NXT testing". I think it would be obvious that a wax/polish/cleaner combo like NXT would not have all the swirl hiding properties of a pure glaze. It`s been long established that a "shampoo & conditioner" product generally doesn`t do each step as well as 2 seperate products can.

The Meguiar`s website says that NXT is "Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish."

Just because the glaze looked wetter and deeper in your opinion than NXT doesn`t mean that NXT doesn`t remove whats underneath it. These are two disparate things; I don`t see how a connection could be drawn.

Perhaps I didn`t explain the test well enough. I`ll try again. On half of the hood I first applied #81. On the other half I applied nothing. I followed up with NXT over the whole hood. The side that had the glaze applied first looked significantly darker and wetter. So the only conclusion that can be drawn is that NXT didn`t remove the glaze. At least not all of it.

What I would have expected to see, if in fact NXT removed the glaze, is that both halves of the hood would look the same. They did not. The difference was striking enough that even my wife could see it.

Don`t just take my word for it, try it for yourself and you will see what I am talking about.

Setec Astronomy
10-03-2004, 02:00 PM
According to manufacturer`s representatives on the manufacturer`s forum (MOL), NXT contains some mild cleaners to promote adhesion (partly due to its positioning as a consumer product, where the consumer may not adequately prepare the surface). Meguiar`s recommends two applications of NXT to ensure complete coverage, and a statement has been made on MOL that more NXT is put on with succeeding coats than is taken off, but it has been acknowledged that NXT will not "layer" like a pure sealant or wax product.

THE ABOVE IS PARAPHRASING FROM MOL.

Based on the different chemistry of Klasse Sealant Glaze, I`m not sure that NXT would have any removal effect on the SG, but it would be safer to use a product that does not have any cleaners at all in it, if you are concerned about removing the SG.

THE ABOVE IS MY OPINION.

BillNorth
10-03-2004, 06:05 PM
I know I`ve read at least one thread on this forum where a user topped his multiple z layers with NXT and complained that once the NXT wore away his paint was completely bare.

Marty, I wouldn`t top your SG with NXT, just to be safe. Maybe consider doing a test on a another vehicle.

togwt
10-04-2004, 09:31 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

Most of the posts I’ve read on NXT state that it has a slight cleaning ability and therefore it cannot be layered (I assume that is why they formulated their ‘booster wax’ NXT Spray Wax)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon