PDA

View Full Version : Wax in crevices

oaevo8u
10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Just curious what you guys do to remove wax from crevices, ive been told a qd with a soft bristle tooth brush. Just wanted other suggestions

RedondoV6
10-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Soft tooth brush, tooth pick, edge of credit card/store discount card and QD work for me most of the time. If the residue has hardened, try working with an adhesive or tar remover or IPA.

Good luck! :)

oaevo8u
10-02-2004, 11:48 PM
I have some 1z bug a tar remover would that work? It wont remove the wax I just applied.

RedondoV6
10-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by oaevo8u

I have some 1z bug a tar remover would that work?

Probably. Try it just with QD or trim dressing and a soft toothbrush first, see if you can remove it with that. If not try the 1Z; always better to use the least aggressive treatment first.

Good luck!

thinksnow
10-03-2004, 01:35 AM
QD and a good Oral-B toothbrush. I used Mother`s Showtime because I have a keg of it, but any QD should work.

SK2003TypeS
10-03-2004, 11:54 AM
really old soft tooth brush, boars hair brush or an old credit cart wrapped in a MF towel.

jfelbab
10-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Pink eraser or an eraser pencil. Cut to desired shape. Cheap and highly effective.

Silver_04
10-04-2004, 02:21 AM
I always make a habit of keeping the wax away from cracks and crevices. I toothbrush a small amount of polish on window surrounds, rubber gaskets behind mouldings, around model/manufacturer badges etc., prior to cut and/or polish process, then wax close, but not in the crevices.

togwt
10-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Wax Stain Removal:

Excess wax and polish residue can be removed using Groit’s Wax Remover & Cleaner[PN 112165] it permanently removes embedded wax residues in textured bumpers, matt-finish vinyl panels, trim mouldings (works on any colour trim) and weather-stripping.

Instantly dissolves unwanted wax streaks and stains (it dissolves the dried on wax or polish) Wipe away any excess, lightly spray with clean distilled water and re-apply a vinyl or rubber protective dressing.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon