PDA

View Full Version : PC+83 not "cutting" it

NVcobra
10-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi what should i try after 83? If 84 and 85 is rotory only what would be then next aggresive polish to try? Ive got some water an bird etching and pitting on a black car that 83 isnt getting. Thx

Deanski
10-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Did you use a cutting pad?

You have to apply some downward pressure, not enough to stop the PC from rotating, and then start letting up as DACP starts to break down to a powder, then buff and wipe off.

If this does not remove the defect you may need to wetsand just those areas. Start with 3000 if no improvement, 2500. Then go back over area with the DACP to remove sanding marks.

Regards,

Deanski

Eliot Ness
10-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Deanski

Did you use a cutting pad?

You have to apply some downward pressure, not enough to stop the PC from rotating, and then start letting up as DACP starts to break down to a powder, then buff and wipe off.........

I agree with what Deanski says about the pad and working DACP.

Also how many passes have you made with the DACP? It will sometimes take several passes (applications) to work out more severe defects. You also have to work it with the pc between speed 5-6 and slow arm speed. Also try working a small area (maybe 1 or 2 sq. ft.) at a time.

Using DACP with the orange LC pad (which I believe cuts less that the Sonus orange pad) I`ve been able to remove defects like you describe doing several slow passes.

stevet
10-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I no longer use DACP because it doesn`t cut it. I now use 3M Perfect it III Rubbing Compound. Works much better than DACP. You can also try 1Z Ulta Polish. It`s stronger than DACP and safe to use with the PC.

RedondoV6
10-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by stevet

I no longer use DACP because it doesn`t cut it. I now use 3M Perfect it III Rubbing Compound. Works much better than DACP. You can also try 1Z Ulta Polish. It`s stronger than DACP and safe to use with the PC.

I second stevet`s advice. A few of us were helping someone with his mom`s Merc` which was badly swirled and he was getting nowhere with DACP using a PC. The guy got hold of some 3M PI-III RC followed by PI-III MG and reported back much better success with it. Definitely worth a try IMHO.