PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Over Souveran?

yankees1
10-02-2004, 09:41 PM
My auto has one coat of Souveran on it and I just bought a bottle of Klasse AIO. Should I strip the Souveran off and then apply AIO or simply apply the AIO over the Souveran? How long should I wait after applying AIO before I apply a coat of Souveran ?

beastie
10-02-2004, 09:44 PM
The AIO will remove the Souveran. Just go ahead and apply the AIO over and then you can immediately follow with the Souveran. Wait at least 24 hours, then apply a second coat of Souveran. You can immediately be impressed. Enjoy.

Bill D
10-02-2004, 10:19 PM
AIO + SG+Souveran supposed to = :bow

kfexplore
10-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Just got my Souveran and had to redo my car. AIO, SG X2, then souveran. Hubbie studied as a chemical engineer but left school to join his dad in the family business. He thinks what I do to my vehicle is nothing short of insane. But even he had to admit, it was nothing short of stunning.

Bill D
10-02-2004, 11:36 PM
I`m going to do similar soon, I`m going to try the spit shine method with Souveran :D Talk about insane. Tell your husband what some folks do to their undercarriage :o

T. Perinne
10-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Did any of you guys/gals get ghosting or streaking with your Souveran over the SG?

Anthony O.
10-05-2004, 08:45 AM
If you are going to use Klasse as a cleaner, to remove wax, then I would humbly suggest applying it twice.

First as a cleaner, to remove the wax, then again to clean/polish/seal. This extra application of Klasse may be overkill but it gives me piece of mind.

I do not personally care for the SG application but rather go straight to the wax/sealer.

I usually give my AIO a "breather" time of about 30 minutes to an hour before I apply my topper. I have noticed that if AIO gets a bit smeary this breather time will allow the excess to evaporate.

Happy Detailing,

Anthony