PDA

View Full Version : What combination?

BMcN
10-02-2004, 12:57 PM
OK I am in the UK and am going to order a PC buffer off this site.

I was mainly wondering what things I need to order with it. I was going to get the Sonus pads then what else would I need?

The cars I am going to use it on are covered in swirls and slight scratches.

So could you reccomend me somethings to get? Maybe a swirl remover, scratch remover, and a good polish (one to give a deep shine and good protection, don`t mind if its machine or hand applied).

Also, while typing this I just thought of something. Import Duty! Would the Autopia guys stick a gift label on my PC buffer if I was to get it from here?

jeff5614
10-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Depending on the severity of the swirls a lot of people like the 1Z products. I used 1Z PP followed by MP recently to clean up some light swirling and it did a very nice job.

Others have much more experience with different products and will be able to provide a lot of valuable advice but until then you might check out the learn section and see what you can find by doing a search also.

Good luck!!!!

Lowejackson
10-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Welcome to Autopia :xyxthumbs

There are a fair amount of products you can buy in the UK http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29410

I would also recommend downloading the Autopia book.

As for Duty, this is probably better if this is discussed when ordering your PC ;)

BMcN
10-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Just looked into Duty and it turns out it has to be under £39 (I think) to get away with the gift idea.

Might be able to get a 7336 here in the UK but then where should I get all the diffrent pads from? Would have liked that Sonax set of pads. What pads am I best getting? And do I need a flexi pad thing to mound my cleaning ones on?

Lowejackson
10-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Where can you buy a PC in the UK? Once you have the PC and backing plate, the pads are a personal choice. If you like the Sonus then you need to order from Autopia. You can buy the Meguairs pads in the UK.