PDA

View Full Version : Can someone recommend a good...

grt1today
10-02-2004, 10:55 AM
leather/vinyl/dashboard protectant similar to 303? I liked the dark matte look of it, but did not care for the smell. What other good options are out there, that doesn`t really alter the scent you already have in your car?

RedondoV6
10-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Check out the 1Z (Cockpit Premium) and Poorboys (Natural Look) products. Cockpit Premium is the more matte but NL is still very matte, especially if you rub down with a MF. I did not care for the strong cherry scent of NL , but many seem to like it.

Just two options for you to consider.

grt1today
10-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks, I`ve had good results with other 1Z products, so I guess this will be the next on my list...

jeff5614
10-02-2004, 12:59 PM
It seems I read another post a while back that said if you take the cap of of Natural Look for a couple of days the smell dissipates quite a bit.

I have CP, by the way and really like the matte finish.

NEW AGAIN
10-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Wurth cockpit care the BEST I EVER USED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasatch
10-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Another yea for PBs Natural Look, I like the cherry smell. It`s an excellent product with a very nice matte finish.

Silver_04
10-02-2004, 10:29 PM
I like Lexol, it`s more for leather, but does leave a matte finish.

maecrispy
10-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by jeff5614

It seems I read another post a while back that said if you take the cap of of Natural Look for a couple of days the smell dissipates quite a bit.

I have CP, by the way and really like the matte finish.

Yeah, I started a thread a while back asking about diluting NL because of the smell. Steve from Poorboys responded that diluting is not recommended as it would adversely affect NL`s properties. He instead recommended leaving the cap off the bottle, presumably to let the scent evaporate off.

I like the flexibility of NL. Wipe on generously and no buff for the customers who like shiny and buff for those that like matte.

RedondoV6
10-02-2004, 11:39 PM
I tried the "leave the top off" solution to reducing the scent of NL with no luck. After TWO days the scent was still very strong. I think its another product myth.

I did talk to PB`s Steve about this and he suggested that instead I try diluting BNB (which has little to no scent) for a finish and level of protection very similar to NL.

Anyway, I do not want to distract from the subject of the thread, its just that on the few occasions I have posted that I did not like the scent of NL, someone always suggests leaving the top off the container and that just does not work.

maecrispy
10-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by RedondoV6

Anyway, I do not want to distract from the subject of the thread, its just that on the few occasions I have posted that I did not like the scent of NL, someone always suggests leaving the top off the container and that just does not work.

Agreed which is why I used `presumably`. In the end, I just learned to live with the smell. When using it on my own car, I just leave all 4 doors open for a long time and that seems to help.

Also at Steve`s suggestion, I did try diluted BnB but it was always too shiny for my taste.

6cyl's_of_fury
10-03-2004, 03:01 AM
I personally find Vinylex to be very similar in performance to 303.