PDA

View Full Version : product order?

cheapshot
09-30-2004, 09:40 AM
i am going to place an order for a final step polish and a perhaps a sealant. i`m slowly doing the vw, a panel or two when i get a chance. the only thing that gets me is washing before i start again. anyway, i want to try some new products, simple because autopia has me going nutz! the car is a black vw if this may help. also i`m thinking maybe somehthing to last over winter, or pretty far through.

my current products list is: dacp/#83/#80/#82/#9/aio/sg/s100/

some products i am considering:

-vanilla moose wax glaze

-poorboy’s polish w/carnauba

-menzerna final polish

-four star utimate paint protection

-poorboy`s ex-p

-collinite`s insulator wax

i can`t afford to order all these products at this time, if someone could give me an idea on what to order?, that would be great! i am really leaning toward vm but i don`t think i can put a sealant over that, so if i do vm, i might go #16 or collinites insulator wax what do you think? i also heard great things about poorboy`s polish, so i am just confused. i think i`ll wait on the upp, and menzerna fp. i am just rambling on please help. lol

stevet
09-30-2004, 10:21 AM
[i]. the only thing that gets me is washing before i start again. . [/B]

Do your self a favour and purchase some QEW. No need to rewash the entire vehicle if you just want to work on one section. You can wash the section with QEW than do what ever you need to do and not have to wash the entire car. This is what I do.:cool:

Wasatch
09-30-2004, 11:42 AM
A lot of people here have used the VM/EX or VM/EX-P combo, myself included with some nice results. I have some PwC, but have not used it yet, it`s suppose to be a great product, also used as a one-step. 4* UPP is on my list as well (have some samples coming in), also suppose to be a great sealant. PBs EX-P is on the list as well (have a sample coming in), another great sealant. Just buy a product or two at a time and see what they can do for you. I`ve been trading to see what each product has to offer, if I like it I will buy a bottle for sure.

acl99
09-30-2004, 12:21 PM
My most recient polishing combo has been dacp followed by Final polish on a black celica. The FP does a really nice job at removing the minor haze that dacp sometimes leaves behind thats only visible on a dark colored car. You may want to concider some #16 for winter protection, it looks really nice on black and lasts a very long time.

cheapshot
10-08-2004, 08:26 PM
whats is the difference between ex and ex-p, the only thing i know is, ex has carnauba and exp does not. what looks better? what color cars? what holds up better? whats better all around product? i`m going to be ordering from specialtymotoring.com, they just started carring four star and lake coutry pads, not to mention they are one of the few to carry pb`s and clearkote products. so what is it? VM and PwC is definetly on the list, ex or ex-p?

BookemDano
10-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Try Menzerna FPII as the final step polish with either Zaino Z5/Z2 or Menzernal FMJ as the protectant.

cheapshot
10-09-2004, 06:37 AM
bookemdano, i am intrested in fp and fmj, but i want to give VM a shot! with exp or upp, and then a carnauba. i will someday try menzerna, i have seen many satisfied users, with great results here.