PDA

View Full Version : .....Have an X3 3.0L Loaner today.....w000t

DETAILKING
09-30-2004, 07:26 AM
Love the car (truck?). It handles amazing for an SAV and power is more than adequate for 99% of us. The interior is rich, and done very well. the seats are comfortable, although like the 3 series, the rear seats are a bit tight. My only complaint is the tranny. For normal driving it shifts smooth and crisp. For sporty driving, it`s a bit rough, especially when you lay off the gas after flooring it and it downshifts 2 gears. All the drag (wind resistance, AWD gears, and the weight of it) gives the feeling like you are going through the front windshield!!!!

Exterior styling is BAD A$$. I never was crazy about it from the pictures I saw, but they do it no justice. In person it looks really good.

I hope to get out for lunch and stretch its legs a bit more. Dare me to go off road? hehe

More on that later....

DK

AkronSi
09-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Definately a great vehicle. When I went to the BMW Ultimate Test Drive event, we drove those on the autocross course. I never knew a SUV could handle so well!

Corey Bit Spank
10-02-2004, 08:12 PM
I don`t like it. The interior is a let down compared to everything else in the line. :(

stilez
10-02-2004, 08:34 PM
I think it`s a cool little truck.

The main thing that bothers me is all the damn plastic trim. Maybe it`s because I`m a detailer. I just love monochromatic paint. EVERYTHING needs to be painted :)

You`re a lucky guy though...Not a bad loaner to have :)

DETAILKING
10-03-2004, 08:37 PM
It doesnt look that bad and at least on those spots there is no paint to chip,......

NavindraLR
10-03-2004, 08:56 PM
def a nice car to have as a loaner...

i agree with sean... ive seen x5s (4.6is, 4.8is, hamanns, and ac shniterz.. i know thats spelled wrong) all of which had painted bumpers/trim.. and WOW... they look amazing...

anyways, hope youre having fun with the x.. did u end up taking it offroading?

Beach15
10-08-2004, 05:33 PM
I have always liked the design, but the quality leaves much to be desired. Since introduction, BMW has had nothing but almost constant problems with bad creaking, rattling, and buzzing issues from various parts of the vehicle, especially the roof with sunroof-equipped models and noisy side windows on every other one. Not to mention, as nearly every review has stated, BMW made the ride so beyond stiff that bumps tend to really beat it apart hard. Anyone remember the C&D review....not good at all.

Like any car, they aren`t all problematic, but the X3 seems to have more than its fair share of problems. :o