PDA

View Full Version : What are the best PC applied liquid waxes?

Sveta
09-29-2004, 10:04 PM
What are the best PC applied non-cleaning liquid waxes (with carnauba if possible) for DARK COLORS? Curious about looks, durability and cost factors.

Same question for LIGHT COLORS and LIGHT METALLICS.

(#26 Liquid, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Carnauba Moose Wax are of particular interest to me.)

schoi
09-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Matter of opinion.

Personally, I used to use #26 liquid extensively over a layer of #7; looked awesome, seemed to have moderate durability.

Gold Class liquid looks f`in awesome; however, it`s generally accepted here that it doesn`t last for a long time at all. I`m pretty sure I`ve read "a month or less" several times here.

Personally, I usually use Klasse; P21S, if you`d be willing to consider a paste wax, is awesome stuff. On and off very easily. May not last terribly long, but it`s a really good product.

Oh, about #26/GC - seems that they`re both popular choices for dark colors. I`m not terribly sure about light shades, but I`m sure someone will fill you in some more. Just like #7.

JasonD
09-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Best liquid waxes: Liquid Souveran, Moose Wax, and 1ZGW are pretty much the only three that come to mind. Oh yeah, almost forgot, NXT too. Now, these are the only "waxes" that come to mind that contain carnauba. If you are referring to sealants as well, that would be quite a few more products.

Sveta
09-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

Best liquid waxes: Liquid Souveran, Moose Wax, and 1ZGW are pretty much the only three that come to mind. Oh yeah, almost forgot, NXT too. Now, these are the only "waxes" that come to mind that contain carnauba. If you are referring to sealants as well, that would be quite a few more products.

Thanks for the reply but NXT and Moose Wax have cleaning abilities don`t they? I am looking for products to top sealants with using a PC.

If you have used Liquid Souveran and 1ZGW can you compare and contrast them with #26 Liquid?

SpoiledMan
09-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Carnauba Moose Wax doesn`t have cleaners. NXT is not a carnauba wax. It`s more of a sealant and does have some slight cleaning ability. Collinite Insulator wax is another good one. It`s also VERY durable.

Scottwax
09-29-2004, 11:10 PM
My current favorites are EX w/carnauba, NXT and Carnauba Moose. #26 is a pretty good choice too, but after discovering #16, I haven`t bought any more.

NXT is the only one I consistantly apply with a PC though.

ALAN81
09-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Whenever I use liquid waxes for my PC this is what comes to mind

CMV

COLLINITE

LS

STUFF

AMERICAN SHINE

SDLexus
10-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

Thanks for the reply but NXT and Moose Wax have cleaning abilities don`t they? I am looking for products to top sealants with using a PC.

If you have used Liquid Souveran and 1ZGW can you compare and contrast them with #26 Liquid?

NXT has very mild cleaners; it will not affect sealants. It can be used as an LSP. I apply NXT x2 using a PC and get great results. It looks great the day you apply it but even better the day after (once it`s had time to fully cure).

imported_jaobrien6
10-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

I haven`t used #26, so I can`t speak to that, but I have used both LS and GW, so I can compare them to each other.

Liquid Souveran: Goes on and comes off very easily. Darkens up the paint noticeably (at least on my dark blue metallic, not sure what it would do on light colors such as white, for example). Gives the paint a warmer look than the GW does.

Glanz Wax: Goes on easily, but only comes off easily if you put *thin* coats on. It can be difficult to remove if you put it on too thickly, which is easy to do the first time since it`s so thin and watery. Gives a more reflective shine, a little more like a sealant look, in my opinion. Has a *very* high solvent content. Because of this, I wouldn`t think it`s a good choice for topping a sealant. I think the LS is less likely to strip any of your sealant. Lasts significantly longer than LS (based on water beading ability only).

I like the LS, but I don`t use it very often. I do use GW pretty regularly, it`s become one of my favorite products.

Note: Just due to the higher solvent contents in liquid waxes, they usually don`t make as good toppers as paste wax does (the liquid waxes tend to remove too much of the sealant layer). From what I`ve read here, LS seems to be one of the best liquid waxes from that respect, it tends to be very gentle. However, I can`t say that I`ve used it enough to say that from my own personal experience. I usually top with #16 these days.

Just my $.02,

John