PDA

View Full Version : Layering LSP (4*UPP) - by hand or PC??

imported_smprince1
09-29-2004, 01:09 PM
I am new to detailing and this forum, but it seems to me by reading these threads there is a common belief that it is necessary to apply 2nd or 3rd coats of LSP by hand instead of PC. Although it was only my first try with the PC and 4* UPP, I found the PC worked very well to apply the product. The PC spread it very evenly, very thin, and was very quick to cover my entire truck.

Does using the the PC for subsequent LSP layers really remove or damage the earlier layer(s)?

Why not just use the PC but at a low speed to apply the subsequent layers?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks is advance for your help.

Accumulator
09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I dunno if UPP truly "layers" (though I like to think it does), but I apply it by PC/Cyclo and I don`t think I`m losing anything as opposed to hand application. IMO if it`s gonna layer it won`t be dependant upon hand application; the previous application is cured and it`ll either stay that way when you apply more or it won`t.

PakShak
09-30-2004, 11:42 AM
I personally like to apply both sealants and waxes by hand. I find that I use less product and it is actually faster by hand than with a PC.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

stevet
09-30-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by PakShak

I personally like to apply both sealants and waxes by hand. I find that I use less product and it is actually faster by hand than with a PC.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

I agree:up

imported_Terry
09-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I dunno if UPP truly "layers" (though I like to think it does), but I apply it by PC/Cyclo and I don`t think I`m losing anything as opposed to hand application. IMO if it`s gonna layer it won`t be dependant upon hand application; the previous application is cured and it`ll either stay that way when you apply more or it won`t. I apply it the same way.....I`ve done it by hand but see a noticeable difference in depth and shine by working it in with my Cyclo or PC......I still remove it by hand though.