PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba over SG

sgo
09-28-2004, 09:20 PM
I discovered something interesting this afternoon I want to run by all the experts here.

I put Klasse SG on my pickup, two coats. Then I decided to go over it with a coat of P21S. I applied the P21S with the foam pad in the jar. Everything seemed normal, looked good, felt slick, etc.

Yesterday I went over one panel with #16 applying it by bare hands. I thought it looked like I had missed places, or maybe the light wasn`t quite right or something. Didn`t give it too much thought. Today I went over another panel with P21S and I noticed the same thing. I made a concious effort to watch what I was doing and it seemed like the wax just wasn`t sticking. This is with my bare fingers.

Is it possible that nothing will stick to the sealer and that all I`m doing is putting in on and wiping it off without any really adhearing to the surface? Has anyone else ever got that feeling?

shaf
09-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Steve, how long did you let the SG sit before applying wax, or did you wax it right after the last SG coat? Just checking.....

Topping SG off should definitely work.

Moved to the Detailing forum by the way. ;)

sgo
09-29-2004, 09:38 AM
4DSC

The SG was put on September 4th and 5th (two coats) and the first coat od P21S was put on the 6th or a week later. Can`t remember. It was just yesterday that I put the P21S on a single panel using my fingers.

Putting the wax on with the foam pad seemed to cover it completely, but using the fingers I definitly got the feeling the wax was NOT sticking to the SG. It just seemed to rub on and right off. It`s really hard to explain.

Bill D
09-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I waited a week before applying P21s to my Dad`s SGed `Vette. No issues :nixweiss

Wax was applied in a garage.