PDA

View Full Version : Difference between tire shine foam applicator and foam wax applicator?

White95Max
09-28-2004, 07:44 PM
Is there a difference? The wax applicators on Autogeek are a lot cheaper.

What does everybody here use to apply tire shine? I`ve always used a piece of a shop rag, and then throw it away after I do all 4 tires.

JasonD
09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
I`ve been using the same old terry cloth applicator for the last three or four months. It`s ugly but it works.

carcrazy22
09-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Eagle One Tire Swipe. Check out their website (http://www.eagleone.com/_products/1,5015602.asp)

You can find similar and cheap foam tire swipe in dollar store too.

Eliot Ness
09-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by carcrazy22

Eagle One Tire Swipe. Check out their website (http://www.eagleone.com/_products/1,5015602.asp)

You can find similar and cheap foam tire swipe in dollar store too.

Yep, I use the EO swipes also. They work good and are pretty cheap. I think the last pair I bought was only $2 at Wal-Mart and it came with a small bottle of tire dressing as a bonus.

These work much better than a wax applicator because they`re shaped to fit the curve of a tires side profile. They`re quick and easy to use plus they`re cheap..... can`t ask for much more than that :up

White95Max
09-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Can you use a liquid dressing with the EO swipes?

How do you clean them, and how often?

Eliot Ness
09-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by White95Max

How do you clean them, and how often?

Sure, that`s all I use is liquid. I just spray it on the foam portion of the swipe, then wipe it around on the tire... no muss, no fuss and no overspray on your wheels or paint.

Afterwards I just rinse it out with the hose, squeeze it dry against a paper towel and pop it into a ziplock bag until next time.

White95Max
09-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Sounds good. I guess I`ll be picking up a few of those too now. I just finished a $100+ order and I`m already $30-some into a new order. :p

ntwrkguy1
09-28-2004, 08:49 PM
I`ve purchased some of the tire swipes from the dollar store, and they were perfect. 6 for a $1, so even when they wear out, I just toss them and start with another. They do work great, but I just leave the dressing in them until the next time!

shaf
09-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by White95Max

How do you clean them, and how often? Yes you can, and I don`t ever clean mine. Instead I just stick the business ends of them into little cardboard boxes I made (lined with tape to prevent soak-through). They get filthy, but last a long, LONG time. Don`t buy craploads of these things just because you find them cheap like I did. :p