PDA

View Full Version : VA Autopians! Who would be up for a Mini Detail Day?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

MongooseGA
09-28-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, it has since been suggested to my parents by Mr. Thomas (tdekany) that I would love them very much if they bought me a rotary ;) . So because I never pass up a chance to meet new people and have fun why not learn to use a rotary with some awesome people-Autopians!

I don`t expect a rotary anytime in the very near future (might even be spring? Who knows?), but are there any VA members (Maybe even MD/N.C. if you`re willing to drive a bit) that would be interested in participating? This wouldn`t be a "teach a little kid to use a rotary" day. It`d be something that everyone could benefit from, myself included :cool: A huge bonus would be finding someone with good wet sanding skills as well. :bow

I live in Virginia Beach, and I know of several other detailers in the northern VA/ Northern N.C. area. Can anyone think of a central location to use, should this happen? I would suggest my own home, but I want to avoid making anyone else drive too far.

Anyone interested?

1) MongooseGA (Glenn Jr.)

2)

3)

4)

thinksnow
09-28-2004, 06:08 PM

2) Thinksnow (Dan)

3)

4)

I could also offer refuge here in Williamsburg (decent parking, 2-car garage). Will need some advance warning with classes etc...

Also, with my roommates, I have several untouched cars to work with:D

Thomas Dekany
09-28-2004, 06:57 PM

2) Thinksnow (Dan)

3) Tdekany (Thomas)

4)

MongooseGA
09-28-2004, 07:19 PM
:D Two of the specific Autopians I had in mind ;)

Mr. Dan, if your room mates are opposed to having their car `practiced` on, I don`t think my parents would mind letting us use their `46 plymouth. :xyxthumbs

How `bout Aurora40 ?

imported_Aurora40
09-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Where are you guys thinking of meeting up, and when? I suck with a rotary, just fyi. I`d be up for it if I can make the date. VA Beach is pretty far from me, though. Don`t forget about Edwin/BlkZ28Conv.

That 4th poll option cracked me up. That`s me! :)

MongooseGA
09-28-2004, 08:04 PM

2) Thinksnow (Dan)

3) Tdekany (Thomas)

4)Aurora40 (?)

5)

6)

7)

Where specifically in VA are you? closer to the williamsburg area? D.C.?

imported_Aurora40
09-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Leesburg, nearish to DC.

Oh, Mosca`s in PA, and GoodNClean`s in DC. :)

MongooseGA
09-28-2004, 08:16 PM
i could probably make the logistics for a D.C.-ish meeting work. we have an apartment up there (dad works there during the week) but i`m not sure how much longer he`ll have it. (he`s supposed to be moving out in Nov.)

if D.C. cant work, something will. dad and i are logistics guys. thats what we both do (he works for DoD and I`m a BSA S.P.L.)

imported_memnuts
09-29-2004, 06:06 AM
Thanks guys for the invite and remembering me Bob and Glenn. :bow

I can not commit at this time because of my schedule but keep me abreast because Va Beach / Williamsburg would be a nice getaway for a few days with my wife. She will probably Xmas shop while we`re playing with our cars. ;)

Like me know when you decide on a date and location. :wavey

tomstin
09-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Get a little closer to Richmond and I would consider a run up from Wake Forest. Can`t help with a rotary, but would be willing to load up the truck with the PC and my collection of "stuff".

MongooseGA
09-29-2004, 03:41 PM
would somewhere between richmond and williamsburg be decent for you guys?

i can`t plan any weekends right now because i need to plan scout-outings too.

what time of the year would you guys prefer? blkz28conv reccomended something around Christmas time (assuming, since you mentioned the shopping).

does anyone have any good rotary skills? I can pack up my PC and `stuff` as well, possibly to see the real difference btween the 2 machines.

Mr. dan, you dont know Keith Fischer, do you? he owns fischer auto body and paint, used to do work on the Grave digger. anyway, he and my dad are `buddies` (i guess you could say that) and i could probably get some rotary experience at his shop.

thinksnow
09-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Mr. dan, you dont know Keith Fischer, do you? he owns fischer auto body and paint, used to do work on the Grave digger. anyway, he and my dad are `buddies` (i guess you could say that) and i could probably get some rotary experience at his shop.

I don`t, but I always pass the Grave Digger place on the way down to Corolla, NC.

MongooseGA
09-30-2004, 04:20 PM
nope, wrong shop. i know the one you mean though. its got the grave digger on a concrete platform on the shops yard, right?

Aurora40, i wouldnt think Mosca would be up for a drive to nothern VA from PA for just a detail day. I guess it could also depend on where in PA he is.

If anyone else knows someone in the relative area, let em knpw. i normally dont like the `more the merrier` thing, but in this case it just seems that it`d be more fun, and every one could throw in a bit of information to better the whole group:xyxthumbs .

slov98
10-02-2004, 12:40 PM
it`s a bit too far for me, I`m in Manassas, Va (40 mins west of DC), I`d like to meet with some other autopians if it`s ever held closer to DC, there`s noone I know around here.

MongooseGA
10-02-2004, 01:04 PM
well, i have a vote for something closer to Richmond VA, and about 4-5 votes for something in northern VA. I can`t think of anything to please everyone, but i can try to get close to it. Would anyone be willing to make a weekend out of it, and tour the beach here on a 3-day weekend? Don`t count on anything yet, I`m just throwing ideas out there ;) . Should this happen, everyone will need to compromise a bit and a little drive might be necessary. :xyxthumbs