PDA

View Full Version : finally found NXT car wash

imported_nadir
09-28-2004, 01:11 PM
I`ve been lookin for this the past 3 months....... target, walmart, autozone, kragen, kmart, and whatever other store that carries car wash stuff.

FINALLY, I found it at Walmart today. They carry them for $5.95, so I bought 3 bottles lol. I haven`t washed my car in the past 2 months just cuz I ran out of car wash and let the weeks slide by as I `searched` for NXT.

Anyways, I finally found it..... going to start my detail from scratch now that the new season is here.

Bill D
09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
That`s great! I FINALLY found it at Pep Boys :xyxthumbs

Wasatch
09-28-2004, 02:04 PM
They just started carrying the NXT line at WalMart here in Layton, UT. I was tempted to buy the wash, but held off.

stevet
09-28-2004, 02:20 PM
I have had NXT since early summer and find it to be average at best. It is very overated IMO. I purchased it because of the claim that it has water softners in it to help prevent water spots. I noticed no difference in water spot prevention. Lubrication was avearge, Gold Class was better. Duragloss is far superior in all areas IMO. It is my favorite car wash. I have used Megs NXT, Gold Class, Soft Wash Gel, Deep Crystal, Eagle One Wet, P21S(crap), and some others. I like Duragloss the best.

Bill D
09-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Hmm.. hope this isn`t a repeat of my experience with GC, ok lubrication but insuffcient cleaning power, I still have the EO Wet as my large size wash and I do have a small bottle of Duragloss, which I only washed a small area with and was already impressed with.

Hope the NXT doesn`t fall into the same category for me as GC did.

imported_nadir
09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
I actually bought it because alot of people claimed that it really "repelled" dust...

Bobby G
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by nadir

I actually bought it because alot of people claimed that it really "repelled" dust...

Sure it is... as soon as you hit the car with water, that dust will be repelled! :rolleyes:

JasonD
09-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by stevet

I have had NXT since early summer and find it to be average at best. It is very overated IMO. I purchased it because of the claim that it has water softners in it to help prevent water spots. I noticed no difference in water spot prevention. Lubrication was avearge, Gold Class was better. Duragloss is far superior in all areas IMO. It is my favorite car wash. I have used Megs NXT, Gold Class, Soft Wash Gel, Deep Crystal, Eagle One Wet, P21S(crap), and some others. I like Duragloss the best.

So far, I am liking 1Z Perls the best and I have some Pinnacle wash on the way. I`ve heard great things about the Pinnacle stuff.

Duragloss, is that available at Pep Boys or Autozone? It sounds familiar but I just can`t place it in my head.

Bill D
09-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Carquest carries Duragloss and I think NAPA does too. The website will say.

04BlackAV
09-28-2004, 03:28 PM
I have not seen anything to complain about the NXT wash,for the price it can`t be beat.I prefer it to Zaino Z7 wash which I`ve used for years.

imported_nadir
09-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

Sure it is... as soon as you hit the car with water, that dust will be repelled! :rolleyes:

I dunno what to say Dave, that`s what i`ve been reading in numerous forums.... they claim that there`s less dust accumulated than before.

I`ll end up checking it out for myself now.

JasonD
09-28-2004, 04:36 PM
I could see there being a difference between carnauba and sealant as far dust repelling is concerned, but not with just a wash. :nixweiss

Corey Bit Spank
09-28-2004, 05:44 PM
I like NXT wash, and I have never had any problems with water spots with it.

edit: my one gripe with it is that it`s a bit TOO thick, and my other is that it`s the ugliest shade of...brown or purple...I have ever come across. It just doesn`t scream "buy me!" maybe a touch more purple there, Meguiars. :o

AutoNova
09-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I`ve been very pleased with Shampoo Plus by Meguair`s, it is a high sudsing shampoo. Haven`t tried the Hyper-Wash which is dilutable 400:1. I tell ya the eagle one wash was great for like a week and it sat on the shelf for a couple weeks and when I went back to use it it sucked.