PDA

View Full Version : MF towels

Pages : [1] 2 3

MidNiteMysT
09-28-2004, 01:29 AM
im looking to purchase MF towels, im just not sure which ones. i usually only used towels to dry my car but im starting to get sold on starting to use MF towels now. im gonna buy the sonus ultimate drying towel. im not sure what detaling towel to get tho. i dont have many towels to rub polish off so i think ill need a few since ill be doing the whole zaino treatment soon. could i just buy the sonus ultimate detailing towel and use that to dry off my car after i wash my car as well as buff off polish? or should i get the specifally ultimate drying towel for that? im thinking i should get either the blue perl or khaki since they are a little less expensive and you get more of them and ill be needing em since ill be putting on a lot of layers of zaino. what do you guys think? get 2 sonus ultimate detailing towels and that will be good or buy more then 2 because they are the ones worth buying, or get the blue perl or khaki since ill be needing more since i dont have many.

wow, i kinda rambled on there, sorry :p

Wasatch
09-28-2004, 08:30 AM
Checkout WCD a sponser here at Autopia. Rob has some excellent prices, and great service.

imported_uflraptor
09-28-2004, 09:25 AM
The trouble with micro fibers is once you start using them you will keep using them and keep adding to your collection. I have some from WCD also some for PBs. Most of my collection has come for www.autofiber.com. I have both the pro and elites. The elites are VERY plush. Ian’s customer service is AWSOME.

I don’t think you can go wrong with MFs from any of the vendors here on the board.

Shawn

Eliot Ness
09-28-2004, 09:49 AM
A good source of quality MF’s at a reasonable price is from Autopia member A.K.A. Patrick at Excel Detail. Here is a link to his website: Excel Detail (http://www.exceldetail.com/)

Here is another member who also sells good MF`s: Pakshak (http://www.pakshak.com/)

JasonD
09-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by MidNiteMysT

im looking to purchase MF towels, im just not sure which ones. i usually only used towels to dry my car but im starting to get sold on starting to use MF towels now. im gonna buy the sonus ultimate drying towel. im not sure what detaling towel to get tho. i dont have many towels to rub polish off so i think ill need a few since ill be doing the whole zaino treatment soon. could i just buy the sonus ultimate detailing towel and use that to dry off my car after i wash my car as well as buff off polish? or should i get the specifally ultimate drying towel for that? im thinking i should get either the blue perl or khaki since they are a little less expensive and you get more of them and ill be needing em since ill be putting on a lot of layers of zaino. what do you guys think? get 2 sonus ultimate detailing towels and that will be good or buy more then 2 because they are the ones worth buying, or get the blue perl or khaki since ill be needing more since i dont have many.

wow, i kinda rambled on there, sorry :p

The biggest difference between the drying towels and the polishing/buffing towels is the size of the towel. A drying towel should be fairly large or you will wear yourself out trying. My favorite drying towel is the Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel. It`s a perfect size and it`s nice and thick. I find the Sonus Ultimate Drying Towel to be a little too thin, even though it`s all I would use until I tried the Der Wunder towel.

As far as a polishing/buffing towel, try to stick with the *plush* towels since ww`s (waffle weave`s) seem to be a little too aggressive for final polishing and can leave some marks behind....*sometimes*. I am finding that most all of the vendors you find on here have pretty much the same quality plush mf towels. The biggest difference is color and price. If you want to buy from Autopia, I`d go with the Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel since it can be used for both polishing and buffing. It`s a standard 16x16 size which is perfect for that job. If you choose to go outside of the Autopia store, I like the Pakshak towels. They are basically the same thing, except they are called Ultra- MF towels and after the autopia discount, they are only $2.25 each. Pakshak also has Ultra Fine MF towels that are even softer yet, but they are a little more and are mostly for qd`ing and final wipedowns.

I`d say to get the 2 Sonus Der Wunder Dryiing Towels, and at least 6 of the plush mf towels for polishing/buffing. You may want to get some of the cheaper towels. like the khaki towels you mentioned just for stuff like interior, glass, door jams, and sort of thing.

HotRodGuy
09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I recommend Patrick, great towels at great prices www.exceldetail.com

JasonD
09-28-2004, 05:27 PM
I didn`t buy any from Patrick, but I think I will next time. Now that I have the towels from Pakshak and Autofiber, the ones from Patrick actually look like the exact same thing and at either the same price (with discount) or cheaper. The only thing I don`t think he offers is something comparable to the Ultra-Fine mf towel from Pakshak, but I might be wrong. Definitely check him out though, the prices are downright awesome!

carcrazy22
09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
me 2 vote for exceldetail.com :up

jasonmac
09-28-2004, 07:04 PM
I got some from Ranney (Pakshak) this summer and they`re excellent.

imported_The Uncle
09-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Do yourself a favor and get an autopia members quote from Pakshak.com before you go elsewhere.

Eliot Ness
09-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Do yourself a favor and get an autopia members quote from Pakshak.com before you go elsewhere.

That`s very true. I ordered some from Pakshak a week or two ago (before I realized we got a discount) and they are very nice but were a bit pricey. Last night I ordered some more and put in for the Autopia discount and it made a BIG difference :up

JasonD
09-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Yep, mine went from $57 down to $37, but even after the discount the Ultra towels came to $2.25 each and the Ultra Fine towels came to $6.25 each. Patrick`s store has them from $1.49 to $3.50. I say get a quote from both and compare. I`m sure it all depends on how many towels you buy too.

Eliot Ness
09-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by JDookie

Yep, mine went from $57 down to $37, but even after the discount the Ultra towels came to $2.25 each and the Ultra Fine towels came to $6.25 each. Patrick`s store has them from $1.49 to $3.50. I say get a quote from both and compare. I`m sure it all depends on how many towels you buy too.

We must have ordered the same # of towels because that`s the $$$ figures my order came to also :D .

Patrick does have good prices on MF`s, and I ordered some from him a week or so ago also. There are some differences in his vs. Pakshak`s MF`s. Pak`s are 70/30 while Patricks are 80/20 (except his waffle is 70/30).

I haven`t had a chance to wash Patrick`s MF`s and try them out yet, but I`m sure they`ll do fine as other members have reported. I do want to try some of his edgeless MF`s because I can get almost any sewn edge on any of the MF`s I have to scratch a CD.

JasonD
09-28-2004, 08:54 PM
:cool: Brilliant minds think alike! :D

White95Max
09-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Eliot Ness

A good source of quality MF’s at a reasonable price is from Autopia member A.K.A. Patrick at Excel Detail. Here is a link to his website: Excel Detail (http://www.exceldetail.com/)

I also recommend Patrick. Good products, good service.:up