PDA

View Full Version : Klasse, still don`t know why some have problems

Pages : [1] 2

RJJ
09-27-2004, 05:57 PM
My fourth experience with the Klasse twins was as perfect as the previous, as always way too easy.

What has perplexed me is the problems that some report and what has caused them.

I`ve Klassed in cool temps and hot, in horribly humid conditions and in very dry, clayed this time but never before, have used micro towels and cotton and this time even used way too much product at times-just to see. As always no problems.

For a while I thought my success was due to the fact that the cars never had any other product on them, I always told the dealer to wash the car only, no other prep. But with our new Audi that also was proven to be not a factor. As some may recall Fathers and Sons Audi, W. Spfld., Ma made a real mess of the car and they spent about a day doing/using heavens knows what. And even with this car, after a day of buffing and then three apps of AIO and four of SG it also is as perfect as it can be. I had no hard time with the Klasse procedure.

I have always used a micro app and used liberal amounts of a quick detail spray, and wait a while before I remove the SG, and I now am more confused than ever as to why some of us have such an easy time with astounding results and many report problems.

By the way, is four apps of SG still considered to be the point after which there are diminishing returns?

Intercooled
09-27-2004, 07:20 PM
I have used the twins many times with no problems either. I have applied SG with my PC, which many say can be a little tricky and then went very well. :nixweiss Anyhow I love the products and are probab;y the easiest I`ve used.

kfexplore
09-27-2004, 07:39 PM
I fall into both camps. First time I had problems - won`t say major but...

Just completed my whole routine when my souveran arrived a couple of weeks ago (wash, clay, wash, AIO x 1, SG x 3, souveran) and absolutely no problem. Wouldn`t described the product as easy off but no issues.

The only difference was I used a terry cloth to remove the SG instead of an MF towel. Waited 3 to 5 days then washed and applied the next layer (daily driver). Didn`t use any water or QD to apply or remove.

What can I say?? I was going to post my results but was afraid I`d get yelled at because we`ve entertained this thread at great lengths before (I`m a coward!!).

Karen

CTDiesel
09-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Has SG been reformulated lately? I’ve been apprehensive, ok scared, to try SG because of the things I’ve read here about removal. This past weekend I tried AIO and SG on my beater car as a test. I used it in several areas and varied the time to removal from 30 minutes to 24 hours, and the SG came off very easy, much easier than when I’ve used #26. However, although the paint on the beater is in good condition, it is 20 years old and a single stage paint. I’m still going to try AIO/SG in the door jambs before the exterior on my bascoat/clearcoat.

kfexplore
09-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Actually, that is something I varied. First time I did it panel by panel. Second time, I did several panels at a time to allow the SG to fully haze.

imported_The Uncle
09-27-2004, 08:48 PM
I`ve had zero problems. I first applied AIO and SG about a year ago, and followed it with several more layers of SG. I also detail about once a week with Sonus. I have people come up to be in parking lots all the time and complement me on the shine.

I used the BillNorth method for applying SG, which I highly recommend. I also think that claying first was a real key.

Jesstzn
09-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by RJJ

I`ve Klassed in cool temps and hot, in horribly humid conditions and in very dry, clayed this time but never before, have used micro towels and cotton and this time even used way too much product at times-just to see.

I have always used a micro app and used liberal amounts of a quick detail spray, and wait a while before I remove the SG, and I now am more confused than ever as to why some of us have such an easy time with astounding results and many report problems.

Couple of questions for you

1) What color is your car?

2) Don`t you think using "liberal" amounts of a QD is changing the chemical formulation of the SG? Chemists spend countless hours working on a formulation to get it to do a specific task and we spend 2 minutes adding a QD to the mix and messing up the formula. Maybe your not having any problems because your not using SG as such any more but a ```````ized formulation.

Scottwax
09-27-2004, 10:59 PM
:nixweiss I`ve never had any real problem with SG, I use Bill`s wipe on/wipe off method and it works great. The only time I had anything go wrong was when I missed a spot and didn`t find it until a week later (customer`s car) and it was a PITA to get off until I learned that I could just apply some more SG to the area and remove immediately.

TW85 HHI
09-27-2004, 11:03 PM
I had difficulty removing SG the first time I applied it. I used too much product so it smeared horribly (black paint, too).

Haven`t had a problem since and love the product!

stiege
09-28-2004, 12:40 PM
I think the idea with Klasse and others like it is curing versus drying. Correct me if I`m wrong here, but waxes dry on the paint as solvents evaporate. Klasse cures on the paint as a chemical reaction takes place.

It would be SOOOO helpful if a representative from Klasse could describe the curing process to us so we could answer some nagging questions.

1. Does qd interfere with the curing process?

2. Does WOO leave less cured product on the paint?

3. What is the catylist for the curing process? Air? Light?

4. How long does it actually take to cure? Day? Week?

It was amazing for me to see the SG actually start to get CLEARER on the paint after it had hazed over. I`m really curious.

Jason

Nickshades
09-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by ram

Has SG been reformulated lately? I’ve been apprehensive, ok scared, to try SG because of the things I’ve read here about removal. This past weekend I tried AIO and SG on my beater car as a test. I used it in several areas and varied the time to removal from 30 minutes to 24 hours, and the SG came off very easy, much easier than when I’ve used #26. However, although the paint on the beater is in good condition, it is 20 years old and a single stage paint. I’m still going to try AIO/SG in the door jambs before the exterior on my bascoat/clearcoat.

I heard from a professional that the klasse SG has been reformulated. I`ve also noticed that when i use aio is tends to leave a hazy residue on the vehicle, but when I top it with a sealant like FMJ, it clears it up and looks fine.

Nick

Nickshades
09-28-2004, 01:29 PM
Another note about SG is that when the German company was taken over by a US company, the formula was slightly altered due to chemical restrictions in the US. This info is based on a friends experience in the field and passed it along to me. And asking an older man about his experience, he said that the product isn`t what it used to be.

Nick

imported_The Uncle
09-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I purchased my SG and AIO about a year ago (which sounds like it was AFTER this theoretical reformulation). I had zero problems with AIO hazing, and SG went on and came off easily, and has lasted and produced a brilliant shine.

Its a great product. Easy to use and does exactly what it promises.

Bobby G
09-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickshades

I heard from a professional that the klasse SG has been reformulated. I`ve also noticed that when i use aio is tends to leave a hazy residue on the vehicle, but when I top it with a sealant like FMJ, it clears it up and looks fine.

Nick

Klasse AIO and SG have not changed in years.

Klasse USA, owned and operated by Bob Faragasso, has the current rights to distribute the Klasse brand products in the USA. There are other companies that distribute the same Carlack chemicals under different names and packaging. None are as well-known as Klasse.

To my knowledge, Carlack Gmbh is not owned by a US based company. This sounds like false information.

Let`s check our facts. If I`m wrong, I want to see some source information.

RJJ
09-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Jesstzn, the color cars I have Klassed have been, VW tornado red, VW reflex silver, a VW burgandy type, can`t remember the exact color- and Audi canvas beige metallic. I`ll be the first to agree that the silvers and our Audi color are about as perfect a color as one can have to not show imperfections, but our dark red VW -forgot all about this one-came out perfect also-this after about a 100k miles and probably two inches of Griot`s `Best of Show Wax`.

As for the interaction of a detail spray and Klasse I cannot comment.

I use about three sprays of a quick detail every fourth application of a Klasse product.

Also, Klasse has been an incredibly long lived product (for me), lasting nearly a full year BUT the cars are always garaged and washed an awful lot.

ALSO, since the people here have been correct about everything else, I figure that it is about time to try a wax topper, just for giggles. Is there a consensus as to which gives the best results?

Again, my thanks to all who post here.